Are you visiting Qatar for the first time, or are you a frequent visitor looking to explore the country more? Did you know there are many amazing things you can do in Qatar for free?
The ILoveQatar.net (ILQ) team has listed things you can do without spending a single Riyal in Qatar! Have a great time!
Places to see
- Stroll through Souq Waqif and take in the culture and atmosphere of the place!
- Tour the Imam Abdul Wahhab Mosque or Qatar State Grand Mosque and check out the magnificent structure!
- Drive around West Bay to see the imposing skyscrapers and get a feel of the financial district of Qatar.
- Walk along the Corniche to see the skyline and enjoy the calm waters.
- Don't miss checking out Qatar's beautiful parks and enjoy strolling, jogging, or laying on the perfectly manicured grass.
- Explore The Pearl Island and the different sections of the remarkable man-made island that houses many restaurants, residential complexes and other developments.
- Go to the free aquarium at The City Gallery, Old Doha Port and learn more about Qatar and its marine life.
- Be transported to a new mini-city and be surrounded by colourful buildings at Old Doha Port, also called as Mina District.
- Go to Box Park and check out cool and colourful buildings made entirely out of ship containers.
- Check out Flag Plaza and take Instagrammable pictures of the flags flying high.
- Check out Legtaifiya Beach, Qatar's first night beach, take a dip at this place that is open until midnight!
Things to do
- Ride the Msheireb Tram for free and tour the bustling Msheireb Downtown Doha.
- Check out the different malls of Qatar and enjoy the air conditioning, the colourful displays at the stores, check out free in-house entertainment (seasonal) and do so much more!
- Take a walk at Lusail Promenade and check out the buildings in Lusail, the marina and the Lusail Boulevard.
- 21 High Street at Katara Cultural Village is a must-see spot that houses a shopping mall, has outdoor air conditioning and also a water feature to take photos at!
- Go on an educational tour at the Al Thuraya Planetarium, learn about the planets, go for a show and satisfy your curiosity about astronomy!
- Climb the arch and have fun at the fort area at Crescent Park in Lusail Qatar.
- Take photos at some of Qatar's Instagrammable spots.
- Enjoy the sunset at these must-visit spots.
- Check out the maze at 5/6 Park. Will you be able to make it out once you enter?
- Read a book or two at the amazing Qatar National Library located at Education City.
- Play at the piano staircase at The Peal Island and create unique melodies by walking on the stairs.
- Enjoy the spectacular hourly dancing fountain show at Place Vendôme Mall in Qatar. This is something the whole family will enjoy!
- Did you know Qatar has many spots with outdoor air conditioning so that you could explore them even during the summer?
- Visit the Falcon Souq at Souq Waqif, find falcons and even take photos with them. You can see vendors and people making accessories too!
- Check out animals like camels and horses at the stables at Souq Waqif and also get to interact with them.
- The Old Doha Port parking is a great spot to go to during the evening hours to get a full view of the skyline!
- Go for a run at Qatar's air-conditioned parks.
- Take a dip at the many beaches of Qatar, giving you the perfect mix of sand, sea and swim.
- If you're into nature-related things, go to Al Thakira Mangroves and Purple Island to check out the flora and fauna of Qatar!
- Enjoy the vast landscape of Qur'anic Botanic Garden and learn about the plant species that have been mentioned in the Holy Qur'an and the native flora that can be found in Qatar.
- The Musfur Sinkhole is a natural phenomenon that one must check out. Explore the cave system, but do take precautions while doing so.
- Go stargazing and check out the amazing night sky of Qatar, dotted with bright stars at places like Zekreet.
- Check out another man-made reservoir that welcomes many migratory birds and has different flora at the Al Karaana Lagoon.
- Al Shu’aa Reserve is another green space that is dedicated to families. Find different kinds of trees and animals such as ducks, tortoises, geese, ostriches and more that your children can interact with, too!
- Although the Al Qarma Beach Garden is only for ladies and children under ten years old, it is a fun place to be one with nature.
Culture and art
- Check out the public art works by world-renowned artists!
- Check out the street art at places like Katara Cultural Village, Al Sadd Metro Station, Doha Fire Station and more!
- Watch the artists at work at the Souq Waqif Art Center, and learn a thing or two about painting from their skilful practice.
- Explore the Al Jassasiya Rock Art Site, where visitors can find stunning rock carvings or 'petroglyphs' engraved on sandstones.
How many of these things have you already done in Qatar? Do let us know in the comments below. Do share this article - it keeps us going!
Follow us on our social media channels: