Phase 4 of the gradual lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions started on September 1. How is the sporting scene looking in Qatar? Let's find out!
Activities in parks, corniche and beaches
- Individuals are allowed to exercise in parks, open spaces, Corniches, and all beaches.
- Groups of 30 people are allowed for sporting activities at 2m physical distancing.
- Any individual sporting activity, such as running and walking for exercise, is allowed.
- Stopping to sit or picnic is not allowed.
- Maintain 1.5m physical distancing when walking (except in small family groups of the same household).
- Wearing masks is not necessary for outdoor exercises; however, 2 meters minimum safe distancing should be followed.
- You will need to wear a mask if you come within 2 meters from others when exercising.
- Those not exercising should wear masks all the time and maintain 1.5m distance.
- Ensure a 2m minimum distance from others when exercising outdoors.
- Public toilets to open with thorough cleaning between customers.
- Avoid touching animals and birds.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
- Avoid crowded places and crowded parking.
- Outdoor gym equipment, playgrounds. and skate parks to remain closed.
Read the rest of the precautionary measures for activities in parks, corniche and beaches here.
Organized Sports Training
- Organized training (professional and amateur) in large indoor arenas should be limited to 40 people and not exceeding 30% capacity.
- Organized training (professional and amateur) outdoors should be limited to 80 people.
- A safe distance of 2 meters should be maintained between people when exercising.
- Indoor venues should reduce capacity to allow at least 2 meters distance between athletes (16 m2 per person).
- An isolation room/space identified to hold any symptomatic person found at the venue while awaiting patient transport to a medical facility is necessary.
- Having a medical post and designated personnel on-site is advisable to help assess cases and potentially other illnesses.
- Vulnerable groups are advised to stay at home.
- No spectators are allowed during training and the changing rooms remain closed.
Read the rest of the precautionary measures for organized sports training here.
Professional sports events
- Ticket allocations are limited to 20% indoors and 30% outdoors of capacity of the venue.
- Seating allocations are given with 1.5m physical distance between spectators.
- Use floor marking to ensure 1.5m physical distancing in queuing and public areas.
- Spectator arrival times to be staggered to avoid overcrowding.
- Masks to be worn by all, at all times.
- Make sure you show green status on Ehteraz app before entering the stadium.
- Thermal screening for employees, participants, and public, and entry only allowed for those of 37.8 degrees or less.
- Pre-booking is preferred over walk-in, allotted and planned seating with public attendance on all seats identified by ID/passport numbers and mobile numbers.
- Gates to open early to avoid crowding so be there ahead of time.
- Shops at venue precincts outside the event building are allowed.
- No food concessions inside the event building including conference halls, exhibition halls and stadia are allowed (masks to be worn at all times).
- No food to be consumed inside the public seating areas, take-away food and drinks only allowed outside seating areas outdoor.
- Food outlets restricted to take away in disposable packaging.
- Queues to comply with the minimum of 1.5m physical distancing precautions.
- Pre-prepared, grab and go food preferred to shorten waiting time for customers.
- No buffet food served in the event venues.
- Use only bottled water while at the venue.
- Toilet capacity restricted to 30%, with cleaning and disinfection between customers.
- No spitting, no cheering, no live choir and no live singing allowed.
- Ensure tickets are electronic and scannable, avoid paper tickets if possible.
- Avoid handling cash at ticket counters and use digital ticketing and purchase.
- Anyone due to attend the event who is feeling ill should not come to the venue.
- The capacity of arenas/stadia will be reviewed and updated for indoor/outdoor events according to national and international pandemic status.
International participants or athletes
- All international participants are required to enter hotel quarantine before participation in the event.
- They are only allowed to leave their hotel quarantine to participate in the preparation of the event sites and to participate at the actual official event as per their schedule.
- All international athletes/participants need to arrive at the quarantine hotel at least 4-10 days before the start of their first participation.
- International participants and organizers are strongly recommended to stay in hotels exclusively, allowing no other non-event hotel guests.
- External visitors are strictly prohibited from entering quarantine hotels.
- The participant use of the gym and other recreational areas at the Hotel accommodation or is according to MOPH guidelines for Health Clubs, Gyms and Spas.
Read the rest of the precautionary measures for professional sports events here.
Source: Ministry of Public Health; GCO announcement
Follow us on our social media channels: