The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management announced Sunday that the start of the third phase of the gradual opening from Tuesday, based on public health indicators in the community, including the continued decrease in the number of active cases that are recorded daily and the proliferation of the virus.
The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management thanked the citizens and residents for their commitment to the precautionary measures to confront the COVID-19 virus in the past period, which contributed to a significant reduction in its spread in society, and stressed the importance of continuing to adhere to those procedures in the coming period in order to support the efforts and plans for the gradual return to normal life.
The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management clarified in a statement that the third phase of the gradual opening will include the following procedures:
- The gradual opening of mosques and prayer halls will continue, while Friday and Eid prayers are allowed in some mosques, provided that the precautionary measures are implemented. The Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs will announce the rest of the details.
- Allow public and private gatherings of a maximum of 10 people in closed places, and 30 people in open places, with the need to adhere to precautionary measures, especially safe distances, and wearing masks.
- Continue to allow the use of boats and personal and chartered yachts, with a maximum capacity of 10 people.
- Opening of driving schools at half capacity (50 percent).
- Playgrounds and exercise equipment of public parks and Corniche are still closed.
- Amateurs and professionals are allowed to perform sports in gyms with a maximum capacity of 40 people. As for open spaces, they will be without limited capacity with the need to maintain a safe distance.
- Sporting events to be held without public attendance.
- Increasing the capacity of private health care facilities to 80 percent while allowing the resumption of home health services.
- Nurseries and child care facilities to resume at a 50 percent capacity, with the necessity of applying all the precautionary measures determined by the Ministry of Public Health and after obtaining the approval of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.
- Malls will continue to open regular hours, while keeping the maximum capacity at 50 percent and will continue to follow all procedures determined by the Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Souks will continue to operate with a capacity ranging from 30 percent to 75 percent, according to the evaluation of the Ministries of Public Health, Commerce and Industry and following all the procedures determined by those authorities.
- Wholesale markets to continue to operate at a 30 percent capacity, following all procedures determined by the Ministries of Public Health, Commerce and Industry.
- Gradual opening of restaurants will be maintained, and this will include the opening of restaurants and cafes within Malls (except for those in food courts in Malls). The Ministry of Commerce and Industry will announce the details of the opening of these restaurants and the related conditions.
- Museums and public libraries, will continue to work with a 50 percent capacity.
- Beauty and barber shops to operate with a 30 percent capacity provided that its employees are examined in a private laboratory accredited by the Ministry of Public Health and that they are not infected with the virus, in addition to obtaining prior approval from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Gyms and sport clubs to operate half capacity, provided that the precautionary measures announced by the ministries of Public Health, Commerce and Industry are applied.
- Services of massage, jacuzzi, sauna rooms and indoor swimming pools in hotels and other complexes are still closed.
The Supreme Committee for Crisis Management confirmed that the transition from one phase to the other is subject to the cooperation of all and their application of precautionary measures, and stressed on the necessity of adhering to the procedures set in place by the cabinet, including wearing masks, and installing EHTERAZ application as well as social distancing.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!