Sign in Register
Posted On: 18 August 2009 10:16 am
Updated On: 12 November 2020 02:10 pm

Vodafone plans 1,500 outlets by year-end

Paper Boy
Paper Boy
Discuss here!
Start a discussion
Vodafone Qatar announced the launch of its distribution network yesterday, with the formal unveiling of its partnership with 10 leading Qatar-based companies to augment the provision of its services and products in the local market. The partnerships will increase the number of outlets from which customers can purchase Vodafone’s products and services, with as many as 100 of them set to open this week. The company’s local distribution partners include the Al Sarya Group, Axiom Telecom, Darwish-Modern Home, Distribution House, Intertech, Qatar International Trading and Investment Company, Qatar National Import and Export, Qatar Mobile, Red2 and Sea Shore. The partnerships were announced on the sidelines of the opening of a new Vodafone store in the Musheirib area. “We view Vodafone Qatar’s distributors as extremely important business partners,” said Daniel Horan, Director, Consumer Business Unit, Vodafone Qatar, while speaking to journalists, “We are confident that the relationship we are developing with these distributors and the retail outlets will develop into long-term mutually beneficial partnerships.” Horan said Vodafone Qatar now had a presence in the country bigger than that of Burger King, McDonald’s and KFC put together. The telecommunications company is aiming to increase the number of its outlets in Qatar to 1,500 by the end of the year, which will give it more brand visibility than any other brand in the country. In the outlets, Vodafone’s Freedom products as well as exclusive Vodafone handsets will be available. In the future, the mobile phone company will bring more of its products to the designated outlets, including the Red prepaid product. “Around 70 percent of business is expected through these new distributors, with the remaining 30 percent expected through the corporate stores and telesales,” said Horan, adding, “the range of distribution gives everybody the ability to have communication products, especially from Vodafone.” He said competition with Qtel had opened up the communications market extensively and the company was “proud” of the impact it had made.