Prime Minister of Qatar endorses Doha Aviation Summit
His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor al Thani, the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of the state of Qatar, has endorsed the Doha Aviation Summit (DAS) taking place from October 30th to November 1st 2010 in Doha, Qatar.
Preparations are in full swing for the Doha Aviation Summit, officially hosted by the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority and naseba, bringing together key aviation leaders from civil aviation authorities, airports, and airlines across the globe under the theme of ‘vision for limitless skies’. Furthermore, the Summit has confirmed high level participation from nations investing in and working in collaboration with Qatar.
Representatives of civil aviation authorities and ministries of aviation, in collaboration with other participants at the summit, will actively take part to support and strategise the creation of smoother regulatory systems and implementation processes that compliment aviation expansion. Civil aviation authorities and ministries of aviation from the following nations have been confirmed: Kuwait, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Belgium, Syria, Seychelles, Vietnam, Libya, Dubai, and Oman.
International leading airlines will discuss and highlight the outlook of the airline industry in light of the lessons learnt from the past twelve months. Furthermore, in retrospect to the emissions restrictions and awareness for greener aviation, participating airlines in collaboration with leading green technology firms will discuss the four stage solution to effective alternative fuel integration. Airlines taking part in these discussions include: Qatar Airways, Emirates Airlines, Etihad Airways, Wataniya Airways, Middle East Airlines, and Bahrain Air among others.
The participants representing airports will highlight efficient aviation-hub development strategies to create higher safety and service standards, efficient and profitable collaborations with airlines, implementation of state of the art Air Traffic Management systems, creating safer skies, and other key determinants that compliment the vision of limitless skies. Some of the confirmed strategically positioned airports participating are: Airports Company South Africa, GMR Airports, Dubai Airports, Airport International Group Jordan, Birmingham International Airport.
Following the support of Mr. Abdul Wahab Teffaha, Secretary General of Arab Air Carriers Organisation, other aviation experts who will be leading the discussions during the three day summit include:
• Mr. Graham Lake, Director General, CANSO
• Mr. Jonathan Moor, Director General for Civil Aviation, UK Department for Transport
• Dr. Brian Pearce, Chief Economist, IATA
• Mr. Akbar Al Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Qatar Airways
• Dr. Tidu Maini, Executive Chairman, Qatar Science And Technology Park , Qatar Foundation
• Mr. Patrick KY, Executive Director, SESAR Joint Undertaking
• Mr. Aaron Heslehurst, News Anchor & Presenter, BBC World Television
• Mr. Adel Ali, Chief Executive Officer, Air Arabia
• Dr. Charles E. Schlumberger, Principal Air Transport Specialist, World Bank
• Mr. Stefan Pichler, Chief Executive Officer, Jazeera Airways
• Mr. Abdul Wahab Teffaha, Secretary General, Arab Air Carriers Organization
• Dr. Sani Sener, Chief Executive Officer, TAV Group
• Dr. Temel Kotil, President & Chief Executive Officer, Turkish Airlines
• Dr Majdi Sabri, Vice President - MENA, IATA
• Dr Othman Al Khoury, General Manager, Gulf Center for Aviation Studies – Abu Dhabi Airports Company
• Mr. Curtis Grad, Chief Executive Officer, Airport International Group, Jordan
• Capt Chris Schroder, Head - CSR, energy and environment, Qatar Airways
• Dr. Fred Prata. Senior Scientist. Climate and Atmosphere Department. Norwegian Institute for Air Research
• Mr. Andrew Parker, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, International Affairs, Industry Affairs, Environment Affairs, Emirates Airlines
• Mr. Paul Reid, Managing Director, NATS
• Ms. Monhla Hlahla, Managing Director, Airports Company South Africa
• Mr. Richard Gooding, Chief Executive Officer, London City Airport
• Prof. Dr. Mendes De Leon, President, European Air Law Association
Follow us on our social media channels: