The World Athletics Championships, the third-largest in the world, will be held for the first time in Qatar from today. In order to enjoy this thrilling event, we wanted to share with everything you need to know!
● Event name: IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019
● Dates: 27 September – 6 October 2019
● Venue: Khalifa International Stadium & Doha Corniche
● Main track and field competitions are taking place at the stadium while the road races are taking place at Doha Corniche
● The event is biggest sporting event this year and happening in the Middle East for the very first time
● Over 2000 athletes from over 200 countries are competing in Doha
● 2 viewing screens at Sheraton Park + Orry Statue
● 27 September 11 pm at Corniche
● Spectators can access from Hotel Park (Sheraton) & Souq Waqif seaside
● There will be fireworks!
● Doha Metro will run from 2pm - 3am on this special day
The world champions will compete in 49 races and competitions at Khalifa International Stadium and on Doha Corniche during the tournament, which runs until October 6. Click here to see the full calendar.
Free shuttle service to the Khalifa stadium is offered to spectators with tickets to IAAF World Championships Doha 2019, click here to find the nearest station to you!
● Tickets can be bought online and through our ticketing booths at Doha Festival City and City Center malls + at the entrance of the Khalifa International Stadium.
● No tickets are required for the 5 road races happening at the Doha Corniche
Ministry of Interior has issued a list of prohibited items for the spectators during the IAAF 2019. The prohibited items include fireworks, glass bottles, small strollers, in addition to sharp tools, pets and other solid objects that may cause harm to the bearer. The prohibited items are shown in security checking tents.
Enjoy this big event in Qatar and support your favourite team! Don't forget to cheer for #TeamQatar as well!
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!