Doha Festival City, celebrating its second Ramadan with the community this year, has announced that it has planned over six special in-mall family events, happening throughout the holy month.
These include Garangao, live cooking stations, craft workshops and traditional games.
The destination is also taking the initiative to distribute 2,000 Iftar boxes to taxi drivers on May 23 with the aim of helping those who are fasting break their fast as they are still working during the Maghrib prayer, Doha Festival City has said in a statement.
Additionally, a beautiful display of the 99 names of Allah will be showcased on a wall within the mall starting on the first day of Ramadan. An interactive photo booth will also be created with traditional dresses for shoppers to come and click pictures during the full month of Ramadan.
May Marzooq, senior marketing manager of Doha Festival City Mall, said: “With the holy month of Ramadan upon us, Doha Festival City is excited to celebrate with the community by bringing a range of different family activities, workshops and events as part of the joyous occasion. Shoppers will be able to visit the mall, socialise together and enjoy entertaining events in celebration together.”
The mall has promised "entertainment and surprises each weekend to help its visitors celebrate Ramadan", the statement adds. These are as follows:
* CSR activation: distribution of 2,000 Iftar boxes for taxi drivers, May 23, starting from Iftar timing, West Court 1 Entrance – ground floor taxi pick-up and drop-off.
* The joy of craft making: May 24 to 26, registration timing - 8.30pm, event timing - 9pm to midnight, for children aged 4 to 12 years, Centre Court, ground floor, free of charge.
* Garangao celebration - May 25, registration at 8.30pm, event from 9pm to 11pm, for children aged 4 to 12 years, registration at Customer Service desk, free of charge.
* Live cooking stations: May 29 to 31, registration at 8.30pm, event from 9pm to 11pm, South Food Court, free of charge.
* Story telling: June 1 and 2, registration at 8.30pm, event from 9pm to 11pm, for children aged 4 to 12 years, Centre Court, ground floor, free of charge.
* Henna painting: For the last couple of days of Ramadan, and in celebration of Eid Al Fitr, there will be professional henna artists designing beautiful henna art on guests. Being the national bird and symbol of culture in the Middle East, guests will also have the chance to have their photo taken with a Falcon at Doha Festival City.
From June 7 to 9, registration at 8.30pm, event from 9pm to midnight, for visitors over 3 years old, Ramadan Majlis around the mall, free of charge
* Traditional games: throughout the month of Ramadan, at Ramadan mall trading hours, taking place around the mall.
* Interactive photo booth with traditional dresses: June 7 to 14, at Ramadan mall trading hours, Ramadan Majlis located opposite Monoprix, free of charge.
* Permanent wall – 99 Names of Allah display: all month of Ramadan, at Ramadan mall trading hours, the wall opposite Pottery Barn store.
The Ramadan trading hours are as follows: first two weeks - 10am to 3pm and 7.30pm to midnight daily; second two weeks - 10am to 1am daily.
Cover Photo: Doha Festival City Website
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!