Qatar’s has a rich traditional heritage and a culture that is a combination of generosity, open-heartedness and hospitality. Its cuisine is no different. An amalgamation of flavours, taste and uniqueness is what makes Qatari cuisine a popular part of its heritage.
Here we talk about one of Qatar’s favourite traditional breakfast dishes called ‘Baleelat’, that can also be served as a dessert showing the diverseness of Qatar’s mouthwatering cuisine.
Baleelat is served hot or cold and is a sweet, yet savoury dish that may seem a bit strange at first. But, the second you take a bite of this mouthwatering delicacy-you’ll be hooked for life by the two different flavours that burst into your mouth, bounce off your tongue and combine to create a taste sensation you may never have felt before.
The main elements of this Qatari dish are
If you haven’t tried Baleelat yet, now is your chance. The recipe given below is simple and easy, and yet the result will be a taste that feels like a little slice of heaven.
1. Cook the vermicelli in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.
2. Soak the cardamom powder and saffron in the rose water for half an hour. In a large wok (preferably non-stick), heat 6 tablespoons of the ghee/oil.
3. In a large wok or skillet (preferably non-stick), heat 6 tablespoons of the ghee/oil.
4. Add the vermicelli to the heated ghee/oil and mix in the sugar, ground ginger, cardamom powder and saffron soaked rose water.
5. Stir fry for 2 minutes and place in a dish.
6. In a small frying pan or skillet, heat the remaining ghee/oil.
7. Add the egg mixture to this heated ghee/oil and make an omelet.
8. Cut the omelet into thick strips and put them on top of the over vermicelli.
9. Garnish with nuts (optional).
How long have you been in Qatar? Have you tried Baleelat yet? Will you try this easy recipe? Do let us know what you think in the comments section. Like and share the article – it keeps us going!
Cover Image: Fish.qa
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!