When: Friday, 9 November at 3:30 PM
Where: Katara Cultural Village
Registration starts from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
In collaboration with TinkOpp
, Doha Tribeca Film Festival (DTFF) is bringing the first Zombie Run experience to Doha in celebration of Qatar’s first horror film under the Made in Qatar programme Lockdown: Red Moon Escape
directed by Mohammed Al-Ibrahim and Ahmed Al Baker.
Join us for a family fun activity and get to choose your team. Would you rather be a human running for your life or a zombie chasing for a life?
Zombie registration and logistics
- Zombies must be 16 years and older to apply for a zombie role.
- All zombie participants are encouraged to put together their best zombie costumes and make-up. This event will be filmed and photographed as it will be the first zombie run in the Doha! Best zombie costume will win a special prize.
- All zombies are required to arrive 1 hour prior to the registration process, orientation and additional “zombification” touch-ups with our in-house make-up artists.
- Zombies may only grab one flag of life at a time from a Runner.
- Zombies will be divided in to zones and groups and they will only be found in certain zones of the track! Runners… keep a lookout and try to get through those zones as strategically as possible. Run for your lives
Runners’ registration and logistics
Survival runners are humanity’s last hope for survival. They must get to the safe zone to ensure the continuation of the human race.
- Runners must be 16 years and older to run our zombie infested Run course.
- Runners will be given 3 flags of life that must be worn around the waist at all times and must be clearly visible. Make sure you are wearing your fastest track-pants.
- Runners are not allowed to guard their flags. To avoid your flag being captured by the zombies, runners may use non-combative evasive techniques such as ducking, jumping and spinning.
- Runners must show up at the registration time, to be placed in a designated wave.
- Runners will be given numbered registration stickers that must be worn at all times during the Run.
- To keep Katara clean, hydration stations will be provided; however participants may bring their own beverages in a plastic reusable sports bottle to avoid any littering and conserve necessary resources during these post-apocalyptic times.
- Runners will be released in waves with 10 minute intervals between each wave.
Register here to be a Zombie Runner
or Register here to be a Human Runner
All Zombies and Runners shall be required to sign DFI’s Waiver and Release form on the day of the Zombie Run.
And stay tuned for the Awards, and also a raffle for DTFF free
Follow us on our social media channels: