We are so very excited to announce the inaugural Whiskers & Purrs Community Cat Show in partnership with the Ministry of Municipality and Environment and UDC!
Whether you are an animal person or not, it will be an afternoon jammed packed with fun activities for the whole family:
For the cat lovers:
- Show off your cats in up to FOUR of the wonderful classes. They can be your own cats, fostered cats or even cats "borrowed" for the afternoon from one of the rescue groups. With 12 classes to pick from, there must be something for every cat! We have pushed the boat out for some great prizes!!!!
- Best Decorated Cat Cave. If your feline friend is spending a few hours looking their best, they surely need to do that in style and comfort. Get as OTT ( over-the-top) as you like with dressing up your cat's display crate! You could be the winner.......
And if you are not a cat person:
- Best Dressed Kiddy Cat Competition for the under 16s. How fancy can the cat costume get?
- Children activities including bouncy castle, face painting and a Paint the Purr competition!
- Browse the "Meow-ket" stalls where our sponsors will be offering special deals on their signature products plus more.
- Take a stroll, admire the range of beautiful cats on display and vote for your favourite cat to win!
The Government Vet will be on site with a mobile clinic to provide FREE microchip and vaccinations service for your cats and dogs. Spaces are limited. Book early to get your pets their very own passports!
The 12 show classes are:
- Prettiest Lady
- Most Handsome
- Cutest Face
- Scruffiest Cat
- Cat You Most Want To Take Home
- Bushiest Tail
- Timeless Veteran ( over 10 years )
- Pretty Young Thing ( between 4 - 12 months )
- Best Trash to Treasure ( cats that were adopted )
- The Future is Bright ( rescued cats looking for homes )
- Doha's Most Special ( domestic short hair cats )
- Purrfectly Imperfect ( blind, paralysed, deaf or differently abled in any way )
The winner of each of the classes will compete for the title of Top Cat!
For more information to compete in the show, book your free vet appointment or to sponsor a table at the Meow-ket, please visit www.whiskersandpurrs.org.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!