: May 24, 2011 to May 26, 2011
: Doha Exhibition Center
The Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology (ictQATAR) will be hosting the first Qatar ICT Conference and Exhibition (Qitcom) from May 24-26 to support a rapidly growing ICT market whose worth is expected to expand to $3.7 billion by 2013.
The conference provides an opportunity for ICT leaders in Qatar to engage with global industry leaders and see first-hand the latest offerings and advances from major ICT enterprises.
A number of exhibitors have already confirmed their participation at Qitcom, including:
* Local companies such as Qatar Datamation Systems (QDS), World Connection, Total Soft, Atcom and Ictus Projects
* Multinational companies such as IBM, Huawei, SAP, Microsoft, Alcatel-Lucent and Oracle
Speakers who will be sharing their expertise during the event’s conference include:
* Guy Kawasaki, former Apple chief evangelist and Alltop.com co-founder
* Dr. Hessa Al Jaber, ictQATAR secretary general
* Mohamad Mourad, Google’s Gulf regional manager)
* Jonathan Hassell, former head of usability & accessibility at BBC Future Media
* Phil Jenkins, Chair of the United States Access Board’s planning committee
The conference has a theme for each of the three days: Innovate, Connect and Transform.
* The “Innovate” day will feature a keynote address by Guy Kawasaki and have sessions focused on Arabic digital content, digitization and mobile development.
* The “Connect” day will will devoted to exploring broadband ecosystems and models for broadband deployment and development, as well as cloud computing and integrated government.
* The “Transform” day will used to address mobile payment, smarter cities, assistive technology, and enterprise mobility.
The exhibition is open for anyone to attend, although there are times reserved for professionals and other times when it’s open to the general public. For professionals, they can either pre-register or present a business card to gain admission.
For more information, visit the Qitcom website
Follow us on our social media channels: