Category: Medical, Healthcare and Nursing
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full-time
Skills: Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Nursing principles and practices, Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate knowledge and skill, Team player, Demonstrated ability to teach, assess and develop educational materials for staff and patients, Evidence of effective communication skills into practice.
Sidra Medicine is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medicine will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Achieving This Vision Will Encompass Three Essential Activities
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
DEPARTMENT/BRANCH PROFILE: Our family centered-friendly environment will be a 399 bed state of the art facility serving Qatari, non-Qatari and international women and children and their families. Our experienced staff will operate within a model of care underpinned by international evidence based best practice and supported by world class technology. Our interprofessional teams will work collaboratively to secure wellness optimizing patient/family outcomes to contribute to Sidra’s reputation as a high reliability organization. Clinical research focused on education, quality improvements and a culture of patient and family safety will be used to inform and guide best practice standards.
The Care Coordinator - Outpatient provides patient and family centered care support services to children and families. The primary focus of the Care Coordinator - Outpatient is to use a collaborative process of assessment, planning, education, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive health needs through hands on care and proper communication. The Care Coordinator - Outpatient responds to patient, family and health care member’s inquiries, providing anticipatory guidance, education, and clinical management across the health care continuum. He/She works in collaboration with other members of the health care team, both within and outside of Sidra. The Outpatient Care Coordinator uses various options and services to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes and is responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard.
The Care Coordinator - Outpatient provides evidence-based patient care by integrating research with practice. He/She promotes continuous improvement and helps to generate innovative ideas within clinical practice that supports Sidra Medicine’s Nursing staff, the community and most importantly patient and family centered care practices. The Outpatient Care Coordinator is professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
The Care Coordinator - Outpatient maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge to patients and their families, the public and other professional’s internal /external healthcare professionals.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Makes decisions as a result of assessment of nursing needs and medical requirements of patients and collaborates with the care team to try and help the patient and family to fulfill such needs.
- Provides patient and family teaching related to clinical diagnosis and condition in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Accountable to the clinic manager for working assigned shifts or hours between Inpatient and Outpatient clinical areas
- When in the Outpatient clinic, performs all duties and responsibilities of a clinical nurse including rooming of patients, Vital Signs with height and weight, screening assessments, required point of care testing, procedures, and medication administration.
- Responsible for the thorough documentation of patient assessments and care in the patient record in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of nursing practice for the environment of care.
- When assigned, meets with patient and families during inpatient admissions to facilitate care.
- Responds to patient and family inquiries regarding changes in the patient condition and keeps the clinical team informed.
- Initiates and coordinates assessments, responds to patient, family and health care member’s inquiries, providing anticipatory guidance, and liaises with other support diagnostic/health services in coordinating patient referrals.
- Collaborates with the health care team and patient/family in developing the plan of care.
- Provides patient/family support by ensuring they receive information regarding appropriate and available community health and educational resources.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient/family needs along with guiding/assisting the Social Worker I and patient care team with the discharge planning for identified patients.
- Acts as a liaison, between, the interdisciplinary team, community health and educational services and agencies to clarify information, responsibilities and recommendations to ensure the needs of the patient/family are addressed.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and/or nursing colleagues on research-oriented opportunities.
- Evaluates the length of stay of the patient and ensures appropriateness of services provided in order to effectively achieve safe and comprehensive discharge.
- Collaborates to gather and utilize data to produce results / indicators to facilitate continual performance improvement, and service improvement activities by clinicians.
- Produces reports and data as required to document and monitor patient responses to interventions and education.
- Participates in regular patient care conferences to facilitate more efficient use of resources, suggest best practices to reduce length of stay and provide greater patient and family satisfaction
- Provides total individualized patient care according to the core standards of patient care, established policies and procedures and evidence based practices.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Refers to other medical specialties when necessary for optimal patient and family care.
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team regarding the diagnosis, care plan, and education provided to the patient and family.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to the unit/clinic Manager or Clinical Nurse Leader.
- Empowers patients/families to make informed choices and attain self-management capabilities by providing them with information, support and directing to the relevant clinical services when appropriate.
- Promotes patient satisfaction as a team member by demonstration of extraordinary service.
- Utilizes a professional practice framework and evidence based care, by identifying improvements while minimizing risks to provide optimal care for our patients and families.
- Promotes an environment of safe patient care by identifying areas of risk and reporting them to the clinical team.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost effective patient care by maintaining awareness of patient resource utilization.
- Contributes to performance improvement projects/assignments linked to Nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Participates in the continued development, implementation, and evaluation of Sidra Policy and Procedures to align with international best practices.
- Liaises and works within an inter-professional practice team to ensure high quality, holistic, and safe family centered care.
- Promotes and shares knowledge via mentorship/preceptorship programs in line with relevant research and evidence based practice aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Takes a lead role in the development of programs that seek to measure outcomes and quality, including audit and research studies under the guidance, support and direction of senior staff
- Actively participates in patient education programs.
- Develops and sustains (maintains) own knowledge, clinical skills (mandatory training) and professional (portfolio or profile) awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of students and new staff to develop their competence
- Actively welcomes and provides support for new staff/students to the unit. Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the service specific turnover rate goal.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values
Follow us on our social media channels: