The home is the most important place where the family members feel more safety and stability. But there are several possible hazards that may lead to the occurrence of accidents for many reasons. Some of them are related to the ways of prevention and safety procedures indoor in general, and during the holy month of Ramadan in particular.
Protection from food poisoning
· Please check the validity of canned, frozen or preserved foodstuff and also make sure that there aren’t any changes in the foodstuff’s smell, color or texture.
For this reason, please make sure that:
· The foodstuff has been kept in a clean and closed place or in the refrigerator
· The place and the food is clean and neat whenever you dine out
Protection from the kitchen
When fire breaks out in the oil pan
· Avoid pouring water into an oil pan as it ignites the fire
· Cover the burning pan by placing the nearest thick lid on the pan or cover it with a fire blanket.
When fire breaks out in the trash bin:
· Cover the burning trash bin immediately with a damp cloth in order to prevent oxygen from igniting the fire
Protection from the fire at home
· Ensure that a good fire extinguisher is available at your home
· Don’t leave the children in the kitchen or nearby hot and burning materials or electric power sources
· Don’t put on flowing dresses or nylon mixed wears in the kitchen in order to avoid catching fire
When you smell gas odor
· Immediately open all doors and windows to reduce concentration of leaked gas
· Never use a burning match stick near a gas cylinder to locate the place of the leakage
· Avoid switching on the exhaust fan for ventilation and don’t switch on lights as they may serve as points of ignition to the highly inflammable gas
Traffic safety in Ramadan
· Do not rush to reach the Iftar place and it is preferred to start enough time before the Iftar time as the period before Iftar is considered as the most vulnerable time for traffic accidents during the month of Ramadan
· Don’t let the children play in the internal roads of the residential areas, especially at night in order to ensure their safety from traffic accidents
· Allow them to play only at designated areas for playing
· Please avoid parking vehicles in such a way that may obstruct traffic movement, especially during the prayer timings like Taraweeh or night (Thahajjud) prayers or Iftar gatherings.
· Please avoid last day shopping for Eid and finish it early enough to avoid traffic jam and parking at no parking areas because of huge rush.
· Ensure that the road is completely free from both sides before crossing, especially during peak hours.
· Please cross the road only through designated areas for crossing
· Always remember.. You are responsible for your own safety
Night of Karangao
· The Qatari society celebrates the local festival of Karangao Night on the 15th day of Ramadan. Hence please be extra cautious while on the roads and take safety measures to avoid traffic accidents.
· Remember, children will be walking around residential neighborhoods to collect gifts
· Begging is a reprehensible behavior. If you see begging please report to the Anti – Begging Section on 2347444/ 3361 8627
· The really needy people can approach authorized charity organizations in the country.
· What should you do in case of an emergency?
In case of any emergency, don’t get scared, but act wisely.
Contact immediately 999!
With best compliments from the Public Relations Department of the Ministry of Interior, State of Qatar
Follow us on our social media channels:
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!