H.E. Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired Wednesday the cabinet's regular meeting held at its seat at the Amiri Diwan.
Following the meeting, H.E. Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr. Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi said the following statement:
At the beginning of the meeting, the Cabinet listened to the explanation provided by H.E. Minister of Public Health on the latest developments to limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and the Council affirmed the continuation of work with regard to the precautionary measures that have been taken in order to combat this pandemic.
After that, the Council considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
First - Approval of the draft state budget for the fiscal year 2021, a draft law approving the budget, and the referral of all the main sections and sectors of the budget project and the draft law to the Shura Council.
The draft budget has been prepared based on the following principles:
- Adopting the principle of medium-term planning for the general budget and setting financial ceilings for the years 2021-2023 after reviewing the projects and programs of all sectors.
- All ministries and government agencies are required to set financial ceilings for the medium term 2021-2023 and direct them to arrange their priorities, including programs and projects included in the Second National Development Strategy of 2018-2022, according to the allocated budgets and specific financial ceilings.
- Continuing to allocate financial resources to complete the implementation of strategic projects in accordance with Qatar National Vision 2030, especially those related to hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the health and education sectors.
- Allocating the necessary financial resources to develop new citizens' lands and infrastructure for existing areas.
- Supporting business environment development initiatives to enhance the role of the private sector and its participation in various economic activities.
- Work to maintain the credit rating of the State.
Second - Approval of a proposal to include a representative of the Ministry of Endowments (Awqaf) and Islamic Affairs in the membership of the executive office of the Qatar National Commission for Education, Culture and Science.
The executive office shall be formed under the chairmanship of H.E. Minister of Education and Higher Education and the membership of representatives of the concerned authorities, and among its functions are the following:
1- Discussing the draft reports submitted by the state delegations to the general conferences of UNESCO, the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO) and the Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States (ABEGS).
2- Approval of draft regulations for the National Commission.
3- Approval of the annual report issued by the Secretary-General on the work of the National Commission.
4- Follow up on what was stated in international, regional and Arab treaties and agreements related to the aforementioned organizations.
Third - Approval of:
1- A draft memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of water management between the governments of the State of Qatar and the Republic of Turkey.
2- The joint declaration project regarding the establishment of the joint economic and trade committee between the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in the State of Qatar and the Ministry of Trade in the Republic of Turkey.
3- A draft memorandum of understanding in the field of enhancing integrity and transparency between the Administrative Control and Transparency Authority in the State of Qatar and the Anti-Corruption Agency in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Fourth - The Cabinet reviewed report no. 47 of the work of the National Committee for the Prohibition of Weapons during the period Jan. 5 to Aug. 31, 2020 and took the appropriate decision in this regard.
Cover image credit: Shutterstock
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!