(Image for illustrative purposes only. Photo credit: iStock by Getty Images)
For business owners and individuals setting up a commercial or home infrastructure, trying to get things done smoothly and efficiently instead becomes a complicated process of forms, stamps, applications, and trips to the ministry. With stream-lining the process foremost in mind, the Ashghal Public Works Authority began unrolling a plan for a new Customer Service Excellence Program back in 2013, with the aim of developing services offered to customers across all categories and facilitating access via its new e-services portal.
With 18 services hosted through the e-portal, individuals and businesses can easily find what they’re looking for. The services are listed under categories based on their type and include Drainage Services, Road Services, Infrastructure Services, Complaints, Suggestions and Enquiries, and Notifications. If a person has an issue with an infrastructure element for example, they would raise it under the Complaints category. Whereas Notifications are reserved for anything that might be dangerous or hazardous to the public.
Need an application for your home or business? Users can log on to the new e-service portal, click on the service they require, and fill in the required fields of the application form, and then submit online. The new online platform also allows for supporting documentation to be uploaded and attached with all digital application forms so the full, complete, application can be submitted electronically.
(Photo credit: Ashghal Public Works Authority)
On the Ashghal e-portal, here are seven unique services accessible under Road, 6 services under Drainage, 1 service under Infrastructure, plus Complaints, Suggestions, Enquiries, and Notifications as mentioned above for a total of 18. According to Eng. Ali Abdullatif Al-Kuwari, Assistant Manager of Information Systems Department in Ashghal, outlined that the services in detail – stating that they include the following:
1. Road Events Permit to carry out an activity or event on a road and maintain smooth traffic flow.
2. No-Objection Certificates in order to release a vehicle from MOI after a traffic accident has affected Ashghal’s assets.
3. Traffic Diversion Plan to conduct safe traffic detours.
4. Directional Signage Request to obtain a street, district, or building sign.
5. Street Light Installation Request.
6. Practical Completion Certificate Request for completion of construction work and site clearance.
7. Removal/Relocation of Street Light Request.
8. Drainage Services such as Grease Trap Permit for restaurants, bakeries, hotels, car repair garages, petrol stations, printing presses, and more.
9. Groundwater Dewatering Permit for contractors to use Ashghal’s assest for withdrawal of groundwater at construction sites
11. Treated Sewage Effluent (TSE) Tankers Permit to use tankers to transfer TSE supplied by Ashghal according to approved specifications of treated water.
12. Tankers Permit for Individuals/Compounds to unload sewage collected from a customer’s septic tank and take it to a treatment plant.
13. Treat Sewage Effluent (TSE) – New Connections.
14. House Connections to Drainage Network Request.
15. Plot Demarcation where customers can request an NOC letter from Ashghal addressed to the Land Survey Department at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment to complete the demarcation process on land plots.
Are you an individual or a business owner who want to register for Ashghal’s Customer Zone Portal to access their new e-services? Click here. Will these new services help make your life easier? Drop us a line in the comments below and tell us your thoughts. Also, don’t forget to give us a like and a share – it keeps us going!
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!