Following on from the record-breaking success of Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic, Mickey Mouse and his band of friends, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy will be returning to the Qatar National Convention Centre with an exciting new stage show, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, from February 12 – 16.
The Fab-four will be performing in a music mash-up of mega proportions where concert goers will hear the greatest hits from the blockbuster movies of Disney’s Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story remixed to rock, pop, reggae, hip-hop, jazz and country, among other jams.
Produced by Feld Entertainment and brought to Doha by the Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) and organized by Sport & Entertainment Solutions (SES), this unique family concert experience will no doubt have mums and dads dancing on their feet along with their children.
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival is the sixth incarnation of Disney Live! since its creation in 2004. It recently completed a tour of Turkey and Cyprus with a cast of local performers. This is the first time the show will play in Doha.
Didier Vanneste, Country Head, The Walt Disney Company Middle East and Northern Africa said: “Our Disney Live! entertainment shows give children and families the opportunity to experience the magic of our world famous Disney characters first-hand. We’re thrilled to be working again with Feld Entertainment, Sports Solutions and the Qatar Tourism Authority to bring Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival to Doha for the first time for what promises to be a magical and show stopping event.”
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, featuring an all-star line-up of more than 25 Disney characters, begins with audiences watching a state-of-the-art video projection of the frenzy backstage which spills onto the stage as Mickey Mouse welcomes guests to his concert tour. Soon thereafter, they will be transported to a new world of hip hop beats, dizzying acrobatics, flying carpets and magical transformations with Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie. Underwater is where the crowd will meet up with Ariel, Sebastian and their nautical pals to groove to the reggae rhythm. And, family and friends will stomp to the beat as Woody, Buzz and Jessie teach them how to boogie rodeo-style.
“We’ve created an environment where audience members will be able to connect with the Disney stars,” said Alana Feld, Producer and Executive Vice President of Feld Entertainment. “Within each concert moment are elements of personal interaction and the audience will be harmonizing, dancing, laughing and having an outrageously good time with the characters.”
The father-daughter production team, Kenneth Feld and Alana Feld, has hand selected award-winning creative talents whose credits span from working with Madonna to winning a Latin Grammy® Award to designing hundreds of costumes for Disney theme park shows:
• Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen is the award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour. In 2008, he earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora.” Tallaksen was also skating choreographer for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember” and was the Director and Choreographer behind Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever!
• Writer Jeremy Desmon’s credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks and Curious George Live!. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
• Scenic Designer Rick Papineau is the vice president of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment and is credited for leading the creation of life-like versions of the characters from Disney/Pixar’s Cars that move on ice for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy
• Costume Designer Cynthia Nordstrom designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney from 1996 until 1999 and is credited for designing costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever! and the newest Disney On Ice production, Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After.
• Lighting Designer Sam Doty also designed the lighting for Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show, and has assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006
• Music Director Stan Beard has arranged and written the musical score for numerous domestic and international Disney On Ice productions, and has worked in the recording studio with such luminaries as Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra.
Tickets go on sale Friday, January 10 from www.virginmegastore.qa and Virgin Megastores. Early bird tickets start from QR125 on selected ticket categories. Early bird special ends January 20. Regular tickets prices start from: Bronze: QR150; Silver: QR250; Gold: QR375; VIP: QR1000.
- ILQ News -
Follow us on our social media channels: