: April 30, 2011 to May 02, 2011
The 9th World Conference on Sport and the Environment will be held in Doha under the motto "Playing for a Greener Future." The event is organized by the International Olympic Committee in partnership with the UN Environment Program and Qatar Olympic Committee.
Representatives from the sports community, environmental organizations, universities, governments, intergovernmental organizations, the business world and the media will come to the Middle East to present the latest environmental success stories in sport, identify current and future challenges and explore new solutions for sustainability in sport at all levels.
Items on the agenda include:
* How sport can contribute to the 2012 Rio +20 Earth Summit?
* Ways of implementing the Olympic Movement’s Agenda 21 at the global and local level.
* The role of sport in achieving goal 7 (environmental sustainability) of the Millennium Development Goals.
* How to make sports events sustainable?
* The role of Olympians in promoting respect for the environment.
* Case studies of environmental solutions in sport.
For more information, visit the .official conference website
Follow us on our social media channels: