Location: Museum of Islamic Art, Doha Qatar
Date: 12 August 2023
- 31 August 2023
- 05:30 pm
A diverse lineup of free workshops, drop-in sessions, clubs, and guided tours for families, adults, and children will be held at the Museum of Islamic Art.
The Museum of Islamic Art will host three workshops in August, catering to both families with young children, and adults, ensuring an inclusive experience for everyone.
Family Day – Geometry
- 12 August | 2 pm - 4 pm
- Join MIA’s learning and outreach team for a Family Day in MIA’s auditorium in celebration of International Day of Youth.
- Each month we will be taking inspiration from MIA and the world around us. Join and discover geometry patterns in mosques to celebrate our new exhibition Mosques in Qatar: Then and Now.
- This is a drop-in session with no pre-booking required.
Youth Day – Library Puzzles and Games
- 12 August | 10 am - 4 pm
- To celebrate International Day of Youth, come along to MIA library to take part in a fun mixture of puzzles and games related to Islamic Art and living in a sustainable world.
Planet Kids Club - The Blue Jackal
- 29 August | 4 pm - 5 pm
- MIA invites children between 5 and 7 to enroll in this month’s kids club and take part in different activities all created under an overarching theme of protecting our planet.
- Storytimes dedicated to caring about our world, different arts and crafts, and educational segments about museum objects all await your children.
- Book a place for your child by emailing [email protected]
- 31 August | 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- This workshop for adults explores MIA’s Mughal collection of exquisite gems and artifacts and will focus on learning about the history of the Mughal period.
- Book your spot by emailing [email protected]
- Please note that this workshop is delivered in Arabic.
Source and image credit: Press Release
Follow us on our social media channels: