The Department of Consular Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has provided a package of instructions and advice to Qatari citizens wishing to travel abroad, in order to facilitate travel and residence and protect citizens from any difficulties or obstacles they may encounter during their travel.
Important guidelines to help Qatari citizens if they want to travel abroad
- Ensure that passports and ID cards are valid when traveling (so that their validity is not less than 6 months).
- Obtaining visas and entry visas from countries that require prior visas.
- Observing and following the instructions and requirements of each country related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
- It is very important to check before traveling with the airline about the requirements for an entry visa, Coronavirus PCR test certification and hotel quarantine due to the suspension of many countries for exempt visas and upon arrival and precautionary restrictions to combat the pandemic of the virus (Covid-19).
- Commitment to the regulations and laws of the host country, adherence to travel conditions and international aviation regulations, and not carrying prohibited items.
- Keep official documents of passports, airline tickets and valuable personal belongings in safe places.
- Not to keep the passport or identity card to any party in any way.
- In the event that non-Qatari servants and escorts are accompanied, the sponsor must inquire about visas and the procedures followed in this regard.
- It is preferable not to carry gold jewelry and valuables while traveling.
- Paying attention to children in gatherings and markets.
- Not allowing the security services of the host country to search the place of residence without a search warrant from the competent authority
- Ensure the official capacity of the people who ask you to show your personal identity.
- Keep the numbers of the Embassy of the State of Qatar in the host country for reference when necessary.
- Retaining the passport number and ID card for reference when reviewing the mission in the event of their loss.
- Taking into account not to carry large sums of cash while traveling with the head of the family (distributed among the accompanying family members) and the need to keep the exchange receipt
- When you arrive at the airport of the destination country, you must inform the customs officer of the cash in your possession (if it exceeds 10.000 euros or USD 10.000) before it is discovered, in order to avoid confiscation and accusations.
- Stay away from gatherings and suspicious places.
- Do not approach or handle suspicious objects.
- Respecting the decisions that prohibit the wearing of a face covering, such as the niqab or the veil, in countries that prohibit it.
- In the event of any problem, immediately inform the nearest embassy or consulate of the State of Qatar and inform officials.
- In the event of investigation in any case, inform the state mission immediately.
- Communicate with the embassy first-hand to provide advice in the event of a terrorist act.
- Confirmation of registration before traveling on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- Not bringing meat and dairy products to European countries.
- If you want to bring food items (not mentioned above), they must not exceed 2 kilograms for personal use.
Traveling to the United States of America:
- Make sure, before traveling, that the electronic devices in your possession are free of any topics that violate American laws or that may expose you to accountability by the American authorities
- Ensure that all legal issues related to the citizen of the United States of America, such as paying traffic violations and appearing before the courts, are completed before leaving the United States.
Traveling with companions (servants, nannies or drivers):
- Not keeping the passport of the accompanying person with the sponsor.
- Taking into account that the number of working hours is (8) per day.
- Commitment to holidays and annual weekends.
- It is advised to open a bank account for the servant before traveling to transfer his dues.
- Providing Adequate housing.
- In the event of the escape of servants, the citizen must inform the nearest Qatari diplomatic mission in the country.
- You can refer to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.mofa.gov.qa. To find out which countries exempt passport holders (of all kinds) from obtaining entry visas or require obtaining prior visas through embassies, or granting visas at the country's ports upon arrival, for information (taking into account the emerging requirements of airlines before travel).
Precautionary measures to combat the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
For hospital laboratories:
- The laboratories of the selected hospitals must be accredited, for example, by CAP.
- For the Covid-19 test (PCR):
- The analysis must be approved by an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Or the test is on the WHO Emergency Use List (EUL).
- Or approved by internationally recognized regulatory bodies, for example (CE marking).
As for the information requested in the report, it includes:
- The complete personal data of the tested person, including the passport number.
- Type of test (PCR).
- Swab type: throat or nose.
- The date the swab was taken.
- The date of reporting the result.
- PCR results, including any explanation, if any.
- Inspection method and brand name of the test case
- Laboratory name and address.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs can be contacted via the following phone numbers from inside and outside Qatar: 40111140 - 40111000 - 40111104.
Cover image credit: Shutterstock
Follow us on our social media channels: