Qatar Airways tickets will be valid for two years to give its travellers flexibility at this critical time when the coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread all over the world. This will provide much needed relief to travellers who have been worried about what will happen to their travel plans and refunds, and will give them more confidence so that they can now travel whenever they want within two years depending on the evolving situation, according to the Qatar Airways website.
This move has come as Qatar Airways continues its commitment to getting you where you need to be safely, it's offering you more choices and greater flexibility so you can have the confidence to plan now and travel when you are ready. Whether you have booked or are planning to book for travel up to 31 December 2020, you can rely on them for the best travel solutions.
Hold on to your ticket
Keep your ticket and use it when you are ready with our extended ticket validity, now valid for 2 years from the date of ticket issuance for greater flexibility.
Call any of our offices or contact centres to extend your ticket validity.
You can change your travel date or destination free of charge, as often as you need. You can change your origin to another city within the same country or any other destination we fly to within a 5,000 mile radius of your original destination.
Call any of our offices or contact centres to rebook.
Swap for Qmiles
Swap your ticket for Qmiles and redeem them towards reward flights, extra baggage or cabin upgrades when the time is right. For every 1 USD, you will earn 100 Qmiles that are valid for at least three years, so you can have the flexibility to choose how, when and for whom to redeem them. Not a member? Simply join before you submit your request.
Submit a request
Exchange for future travel
You can exchange your ticket for a future travel voucher with 10% additional value. Vouchers are now valid for two years from the date of voucher issuance.
Request a voucher
Refund your ticket
Rest assured, we will refund your ticket to the original form of payment if your flight gets cancelled.
Request a refund
Terms and conditions
- Valid for tickets issued on/before 30 September 2020.
- Valid for travel on/before 31 December 2020.
- Valid for any of Qatar Airways’ fares only purchased either directly from Qatar Airways or through travel agents.
- If you have booked your ticket through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to amend your booking or exchange your ticket for a travel voucher.
- If you have booked your ticket on qatarairways.com or through any of their offices, you can re-book or exchange your ticket for a travel voucher by calling any of the Qatar Airways offices or their Contact Centre.
- Rebooking fees will be waived if reservations are amended before departure (for travel on/before 31 December 2020).
- Rerouting is possible free of charge on Qatar Airways operated flights only from the same country of origin and/or within 5000 (five thousand) miles radius from the original destination booked.
- The voucher is non–refundable and non-transferable and is valid for further transportation on Qatar Airways marketed flights only and/or Qatar Airways ancillary services.
- If your ticket is fully unused, the full equivalent amount will be issued on a non- refundable voucher valid for travel within 24 months from the date of the voucher issuance.
- If your ticket is partially used, the unutilised amount of your ticket will be reissued on a non-refundable travel voucher valid for two years from the date of voucher issuance.
- The 10% additional amount will be calculated on the unutilised base fare (taxes and all other applicable charges excluded) of the ticket originally paid and remains non-refundable.
- If your flight has been cancelled/disrupted: all applicable penalties shall be waived if cancellations are performed before departure.
- If your flight has not been cancelled/disrupted, any relevant penalties will be applied according to the applicable fare rules of the fare paid.
- Refund amount will be credited using the original form of payment used to purchase the ticket.
- Ticket can be refunded in Qmiles. 100 Qmiles for every USD 1 of the ticket value will be credited for to your Privilege Club membership card.
- All passengers in the same booking must be Privilege Club Members. If you are not yet a Privilege Club member, you can join Privilege Club, in accordance with the Privilege Club Terms and Conditions.
- Children under age 12 can be enrolled as part of family member by any parent and mileage accrual will be posted to Main Member’s account.
- Qmiles credited applies to refundable, as well as to non-refundable fares, Q and stopover surcharges and YQ, YR charges.
- Service fees and any other non-refundable charges will be excluded from the Qmiles credit.
- If multiple passengers are in a booking, unique membership number (main/family) is required for Qmiles credit.
- Following refund request is submitted, Qmiles will be added to the member account. This processes is irreversible.
Follow us on our social media channels: