Doha’s Championship course sits on a site of 150 hectares, so for audiences attending Commercial Bank Qatar Masters this weekend, finding the best place to watch the world class golf is their first priority.
With the January weather in Qatar an average of 21 centigrade and sunny, it’s perfect weather for golf. You may want to walk around the course following three of the world’s top six golfers - Henrik Stenson, Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose. If that sounds like too much work there are several areas along the course and around the Clubhouse to take a pause.
We asked Anthony Miley - a PGA Professional at the Doha Golf Club - to recommend some of the best spectating spots for the tournament. Here are his six favourite:
1) The Driving Range – This is a place anyone who plays golf should include in their plans. Watch the golfers warm up and prepare up close, seeing how the world’s best do it. The ever-popular Golf Trick Shot Boys and Mark Reynolds at the Golf Trick Show will return to entertain kids and adults alike with their action-packed daily golf show!
2) The 16th Green and 17th Tee – Grandstands – The 16th is often considered one of the course’s signature holes, with a large rock formation and a lake to the right of the tee. Plus there’s always a chance to see a hole in one at the par-3 17th, which would be an incredible memory to take home.
3) The Public Village – This is a great area to take lunch or relax, all while keeping up with the action around the course. The Public Village includes a big screen showing the live golf all day, a live leaderboard, merchandise tents, food and beverages and more. It’s also where world-famous reggae band UB40 featuring Ali Campbell, Astro and Micky will play on Friday 23 January.
4) Area including 5th Green, 6th Tee, 7th Green and 8th Tee – With each of these four spots in close proximity, fans can move around this area and see a variety of different shots and golfers with some outstanding views of the lakes.
5) The 18th Grandstand – Of course this would be a great spot to watch a dramatic finish, but throughout the tournament, the grandstand provides a fantastic view down the par-5 18th. Watch as the golfers come right at you - the players will typically be going for the green with their second or third shot - and then see them putt out to finish the hole.
6) The QAFCO Family Zone – When you want a break from the golfing action, head to the QAFCO Family Zone on the lawn beside the clubhouse. For kids of all ages to try out a range of sports including mini basketball, mini tennis, mini golf and mini soccer alongside gourmet food offerings.
Ticket information: Season tickets and individual day passes for the 2015 Commercial Bank Qatar Masters will be available to purchase from Doha Golf Club, Doha Rugby Club and Virgin Megastores in Qatar. Entry is free for children under 14 years of age. For further ticketing information please visit qatar-masters.com
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!