“Wyndham Grand Regency Doha Hotel” has the pleasure to announce that; it is now the official Hospitality partners of “Qatar Green Building Council” a nonprofit organization, leading and promoting environmentally sustainable practices.
An agreement has been signed 29th February 2012 between both parties at Regency Meeting Room - Wyndham Grand Regency Doha Hotel. They agreed to work together to achieve a common goal: ‘the dissemination of environmental knowledge as applied to the built environment, to promote awareness, and student involvement and other interested youths in Qatar’. As a part of “Wyndham Worldwide” “Count on Me” program role is to be a leader in sustainability practices, “Wyndham Grand Regency Doha Hotel” launched “Wyndham Grand Green Program” and started its implementation effective February 2012.
Wyndham Worldwide has initiated the Wyndham Green program because it fits the company’s global commitment to corporate social responsibility and the environment. Wyndham Green is not just about one or many green programs – it’s a way of living and working based on our vision and values. Wyndham Worldwide understands that our business activities impact the earth, our resources and people’s lives. We will continue tapping into our green programs and green innovation ideas to conserve resources, preserve natural habitats and prevent pollution. We are adopting best practices and building a culture that continuously strives to improve and sustain our positive environmental results over time. We will work globally and act locally by:
• Developing environmental programs, products and services
• Setting environmental impact targets and measuring performance of green programs
• Working with our associates, suppliers, owners and local communities to minimize our environmental impact
• Complying with climate policies and environmental laws
Through our various Wyndham Green programs, our main areas of focus include:
• Educate, influence and provide value to internal and external stakeholders
• Reduce energy consumption and track performance
• Reduce water and energy usage and recycle
• Improve air quality
• Minimize waste by recycling and reusing materials
• Use green innovation techniques to develop new programs, products and services that promote sustainability
• Participate in local community programs that contribute to the wellness of our
Follow us on our social media channels: