Former Asian Football Confederation President Mohamed bin Hammam has accused Fifa Secretary General Jerome Valcke of “fabricating” bribery claims with regard to Qatar winning the hosting rights for the 2022 World Cup.
The Qatari, who was banned for life by Fifa, has accused Valcke of “fabricating” bribery charges and also “threatening them (Caribbean football officials) to admit that they have been bribed” by Bin Hammam.
The 62-year-old has made these accusations on his Facebook page, according to a report on CNN.com (Arabic) yesterday.
Bin Hammam was slapped with the ban after he was found guilty of trying to buy votes in the Fifa presidential race by offering Caribbean football officials $40,000 each.
However, Bin Hammam has denied the charges, calling them “politically motivated”, and is appealing the ban.
Bin Hammam said he had been found guilty by a “kangaroo court — Fifa branch” and expressed outrage over a letter dated July 25, two days after the ban was imposed.
“Valcke, the co-owner of Fifa, issued a letter to the CFU member associations, threatening them to either admit that they have been bribed or he will open an investigation to find out if I have bribed them or not!!” he said.
Follow us on our social media channels: