In what looked like a happy ending, the mystery revolving around the disappearance of two Indian teenage boys was resolved late in the evening on Thursday when one of the two boys called up his father from his “hide-out”, asking him to come there and take him and his friend to their homes.
Accompanied by one of his friends the father rushed to the location, said to be in the surroundings of Wukair and collected the two, apparently from a residential compound.
The boys - Arun Jose and Saurabh Gupta - both classmates at MES Indian School, had been “missing” since October 9 after attending the day’s classes. They are
students of Class 10.
Though tight-lipped over the places where they lived, fathers of the two teenagers, Kamlesh Gupta and Jose Thomas, told this newspaper that the duo said they were on “a picnic” since their disappearance and claimed that they were unaware of what was happening outside.
However, one of the two boys seemed to have told his parents that it was simply life “as usual” and they had visited many crowded places including one of the shopping centres in Abu Hamour and a multiplex in the city.
When contacted, father of one of the boys said he did not want to trouble his son with “unnecessary questions anymore at this juncture”. The other father said they had already reported their returning home at the Capital Police Station and had withdrawn the complaints about their
They thanked Indian ambassador and community members for efforts made to sort out the issue at the police station.
Reacting to the developments, MES Indian School principal A P Sasidharan said he was happy at the return of the two boys.
“It was the first incident of its kind ever in my nearly four-decade of experience as a teacher and I am so happy that the children returned to their parents,” he said.
At least thrice during their disappearance there were reports of their presence in a Wukair neighbourhood.
Follow us on our social media channels: