The General Directorate of Civil Defence at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) has issued an advisory on how to take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of residents in Qatar.
1. When you leave your house or office, please ensure that you have switched off the cooking gas cylinder, electrical appliances and the windows and doors are securely locked.
2. Keep some sources of ventilation open to protect the walls from cracking, especially during summer season.
3. Do regular maintenance for main equipment and devices at home, especially in the kitchen, such as gas cylinders, electrical wires, air conditioners and other devices for avoiding fire breakout.
4. Secure the storage of household items at its place in your house in order to prevent their fall down on you or the children in the house.
1. Misuse of a gas cylinder may endanger your life and the lives of the dearest people to you. Hence, keep it in a safe and shaded place, away from the sun and gas burners, and from the reach of the children. Without your observation and surveillance, please do not allow the children to approach the sources of danger inside or outside the house like lighters, insecticides and toxic detergents.
2. When gas leak happens, immediately open all doors and windows to ventilate and reduce the concentration of leaked gas. To locate the point of leakage, never use a burning matchstick near a gas cylinder, instead, please put soap foam on the cylinder, which will produce bubbles if there is a leakage. And also avoid switching on the electric switches for lights and exhaust fan for the purpose of ventilation as they may serve as points of ignition to the highly inflammable gas.
3. When a fire breaks out in the oil pan, avoid pouring water into the pan, because it ignites the fire. Cover the burning pan by placing the nearest thick lid on the pan or cover it with fire blanket.
4. When a fire breaks out in the trash-bin, cover the burning trash-bin immediately with a damp cloth so as to prevent oxygen from igniting the fire.
5. In the kitchen, please avoid wearing of flowing dress or nylon mixed wear as it may cause to ignite the fire.
6. Keep the exhaust fan clean always.
7. Ensure the availability of a working fire extinguisher and a fire blanket in the kitchen for using in case of a minor fire breakout.
8. Avoid the storing of inflammable materials inside the kitchen in order to refrain from its quick reaction with fire.
1. Ensure the availability of necessary safety equipment and devices in commercial and industrial establishments and be keen to conduct fire evacuation drills in the establishments at a regular basis.
2. Make sure that there are no obstructions in the corridors and emergency exits impeding the passage of workers and endangering their lives when a fire breaks out.
3. Please comply with proper storage rules and maintenance of equipment, devices and operating units regularly. Also, keep on removal of trashes frequently and do the periodical maintenance for the establishment on time.
4. Arrange necessary natural or mechanical ventilation for the emergency exits.
1. Ensure the safety of your vehicle before the ride and refrain from the factors that may lead to the fire breakout, especially during the summer season. In addition to this, please keep a valid fire extinguisher in the vehicle at the reach of your hand.
2. Do not overload the vehicle more than its capacity. Stop frequently if you drive the vehicle for long distance.
3. Be cautious of decreasing the coolant in the radiator and your alertness on maintaining the coolant at a good level in the vehicle will minimize the possibility of fire breakout in the vehicle. Along with this, please do the necessary repair for the vehicle by an expert mechanic.
4. Please switch off the engine of your vehicle and refrain from smoking and using mobile phone while fueling the vehicle.
1. Always keep with you your address including building no., street no. and zone no., as this will help the emergency service to reach you quickly when needed.
2. When a fire breaks out, keep away from the source of heat and fire and evacuate the place immediately and call the emergency number "999".
3. Keep always fire extinguisher, fire blanket and first aid kit, etc. at your reach and educate everyone who works or lives with you its proper usage. In addition to this, please connect with early warning and automatic fire extinguisher systems of the buildings, such as smoke, fire and gas detectors.
4. Do not overload the electricity by using multiple devices on a single electrical transformer and avoid the use of bad electrical tools, whether in electrical connections or transformers.
(Images courtesy of IStock)
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!