The Public Relations Department at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) has issued an advisory, titled ‘Have a Pleasant Trip’, in view of the summer vacation. The advisory contains awareness tips that people in Qatar need to keep in mind to ensure their safety and security before and during the holidays.
A number of significant topics are covered under different themes. These are as follows:
Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You . O Allah , lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us . O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family . O Allah , I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.
1. Make sure that, your passport is valid for 6 months at least and obtain a visa to the country where you intend to travel before sufficient time of your trip. Please note that some embassies in Qatar require the signature of the children at the age of 10 years or more on the passport.
2. Confirm the validity of official documents that you may carry with you such as ID card, driver's license, car ownership card and bank card.
3. Keep always the official documents and personal valuable belongings in a safe and secured place while traveling.
4. Do not pawn your passport or ID card to any party in any way.
5. In case of any problem, you must immediately inform the nearest diplomatic mission of your country and notify the officials about the problem in detail
6. Please arrange an International Driver's License as the transit system in some countries does not allow a foreigner to drive unless he carries a driver's license issued by those countries.
7. Get the International Customs Transit Book (Triptyque), because this book will serve you as a guarantor in front of the customs authorities of the countries through which you pass or stop your journey. Some Arab states require the "Triptyque" for passing through its territory.
8. Collect the address and the telephone numbers of the Embassies and Consulates of your country in the countries where you intend to travel. This will help you in case of any emergency.
9. Please keep a copy of your passport and the visa of the country of your destination as this will help you in case of missing your passport. This may be done through saving the copies of the both in your
1. Please be extra cautious on the situation around you as it is the basis of maintaining your personal security and safety while traveling. You should be conscious everywhere, whether in the hotels, airports or markets.
2. Please avoid mingling with unknown persons while travelling.
3. Please avoid carrying jewelry or any valuables unnecessarily with you during the traveling period and keep your money in a purse and ensure that it is available at its place constantly.
4. Avoid riding illegal taxis for moving from one place to another one
5. Throughout your travel, act yourself as an ambassador of your country and avoid the suspicious localities.
6. Obey the rules and regulations of the host country and the terms of the global aviation systems and not to carry prohibited items.
7. In the case of accompanying domestic workers and companions, the sponsor must inquire about their visas and procedures in this regard.
8. Carry currencies consistent with instructions of the host country. Carrying excessive amount cash is
required to be declared before customs officer.
1. Lock the doors of your house with good quality one or more locks and don't leave any money, jewelry or any valuable items inside the house. Instead, please deposit it at any bank.
2. Before leaving the house, please switch off the electric switchboard, gas pipelines and the main water valve as well.
3. It is preferred to ask some of your relatives or family members or neighbors to pass by your house continuously during your travel period to ensure it’s safety.
Did this article to help you to learn more about travel safety tips? Do let us know in comments section below. And don't forget to like and share - it keeps us going.
(Photo credit: iStcok by Getty Images)
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!