H.E. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Defense Affairs Dr. Khalid bin Muhammad Al-Attiyah presided over the Council's regular meeting held on 31 May 2023 at its headquarters in the Amiri Diwan.
After the meeting, His Excellency the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs said the following and the Council of Ministers considered the issues on the agenda as follows:
- First - Approval of the Cabinet's draft decision to form a committee to regulate real estate ownership by diplomatic and consular missions in the country and their work system. The preparation of the draft decision comes in the implementation of the provisions of Article (3) of Law No. (3) of 2022 regulating the ownership of real estate by diplomatic and consular missions in the country, with the establishment of the aforementioned committee at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which is concerned with the following:
- Studying requests for real estate ownership submitted by the missions. Submit recommendations in this regard to the minister.
- Propose any other conditions and controls for the delegations to own or build real estate, and present them to the minister.
- Second - Approval of a draft decision of the Minister of Education and Higher Education to amend some provisions of Resolution No. (42) of 2017 determining the price of textbooks and transportation fares for non-Qatari students who are not citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council states and exempting them from them - Get more information here.
- Third - Approval of a proposal to increase the non-Qatari investor’s ownership percentage in the capital of the Qatar Electricity and Water Company, a Qatari public shareholding company listed on the stock exchange. Under this decision, a non-Qatari investor may own up to 100% of the capital of this company.
- Fourth - Approval of a draft decision of the Board of Directors of the Qatar Financial Markets Authority on the system for settling disputes arising from transactions related to securities through arbitration.
- Fifth - Take the necessary measures to ratify a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of environmental protection between the governments of the State of Qatar and the government of Georgia.
- Sixth: Approval of:
- 1- A draft agreement on the encouragement and protection of mutual investments between the State of Qatar and the government of the Dominican Republic.
- 2- A draft memorandum of cooperation on providing a set of specialized educational vocational programs for primary and early education students between the Ministry of Education and Higher Education and INJAZ Qatar.
- Seventh: The Council of Ministers reviewed the report of the National Agency for Cybersecurity regarding the launch of the Cybersecurity Educational Curricula Project and took the appropriate decision.
Cover image credit: Al Jasra News
Follow us on our social media channels: