On Friday, October 18, two kids passed away in Doha. The siblings, a 3-year-old boy and a 7-month-old girl were from Kerala, India. The family had eaten from Chaya Kada and initially, food poisoning was suspected as the cause of death. The whole family was admitted to the hospital in critical care; sadly the two siblings couldn't make it. However, their parents are now out of danger.
Chaya Kada issued the following statement after different sources circulated news blaming the restaurant and suspecting the cause of death to be contaminated food.
The Ministry of Public Health explained that the preliminary results and medical examination done by the medical team at the Emergency Department
at Hamad Medical Corporation, on the causes of the death of two
children showed the possibility of exposure to a chemical or
According to QNA, the Ministry confirmed that it had not received any reports
of food poisoning through the hotline of the Department of Transitional
Disease Control, indicating that until the completion of the final
measures from all sides, precautionary measures were taken at the
family's residence to ensure the health and safety of all.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!