The Indian embassy has issued an advisory highlighting the “important things to be noted before accepting employment in Qatar”. Check out them below.
1. Verification of the credentials of company on e-Migrate and also through a known contact in Qatar or the Indian Embassy, Doha.
2. Make sure you fully understand the terms and conditions mentioned in the Contract or Offer Letter, (please have it translated, if it is not in a language you understand) particularly the following aspects:
3. Date of commencement, time-period of the contract and designation of the employee
4. Accommodation and conveyance should be provided by the company, or allowances should be given for these purposes in addition to the basic pay.
5. Annual leave entitlements.
6. Air travel fare for joining duty in Qatar and return air-ticket after completion of contract - should be borne by the employer.
7. Allowances, if any, should be separately indicated in the contract, in addition to the basic pay.
Visa status can be verified online at the website of the Qatari Ministry of Interior
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!