Forecasts from the meteorological department indicate strong winds and low visibility in most parts of Qatar due to dust storms. Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) said sandstorms can lead to health problems in some people, such as symptoms of sinus allergies and respiratory infections, especially in people with chronic diseases.
1. Avoid going outside, especially during high winds or low visibility when the dust levels are particularly harmful.
2. Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or damp cloth to reduce inhalation of particles of dust.
3. When driving, keep the car windows closed.
4. Avoid rubbing your eyes to prevent eye infections.
5. Individuals who experience mild symptoms such as watering eyes, cough, or wheezing should go to their Primary Health Care Center while those who have severe breathing problems may have a lung infection and should go to the Emergency Department.
Have you been affected by the sandstorm? Tell us about your experience in the comments below and don't forget to share these tips with others!
(Cover image credit of Hamad Medical Corporation)
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!