Sign in Register
Posted On: 15 October 2010 03:22 pm
Updated On: 12 November 2020 02:10 pm

Cockroach in HMC meal

Paper Boy
Paper Boy
Discuss here!
Start a discussion
A woman patient of Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) lost her appetite and developed nausea when she sighted a dead cockroach in a hot pre-packed meal served by the Corporation’s catering contractors. Her daughter, upset over her mother having been served such a lunch pack by HMC, told the Arabic daily Al Sharq that hygiene in the hospital’s kitchens was so poor that insects could easily sneak into food. The food pack was wrapped in transparent polythene and the cockroach was clearly visible, still those who delivered the meal to the patient took no notice. The daily sought comments from the marketing and public relations director of the Corporation, Mohamed Mubarak Al Nuaimi, on the development. An embarrassed Al Nuaimi was quick to say that he was ordering an internal probe and the guilty would not be spared. “I feel sorry for the family,” he was quoted as saying. The catering company has been informed of the embarrassing incident, the daily said, adding that HMC is toughening cleaning procedures to keep its precincts insect-free.