HE the Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani chaired the Cabinet regular meeting held Wednesday morning at the Amiri Diwan.
Following the meeting, HE Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr. Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi stated that the Cabinet reviewed topics on its meeting's agenda as following:
The Cabinet approved a draft law on the concession granted to Qatar Fuel Company (Waqood) for selling, marketing, transporting and distributing gas and petroleum products. It decided to refer the draft law to the Shura Council.
Under the provisions of the draft law, the company's concession will be extended for a period of five years starting from 18/6/2018.
1. A c amending some provisions of Amiri decision No. 16 of 2014 designating the functions of ministries.
2. A draft Amiri decision on the organizational structure of the Ministry of Finance.
3. A draft Amiri decision on the organizational structure of the Ministry of Municipality and Environment
4. A draft Amiri decision on the organizational structure of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
5. Draft Amiri decision on the organizational structure of the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs.
The Cabinet moreover approved a draft decision amending the organization of some administrative units that comprise the General Secretariat of the Cabinet and defining their competencies, and a draft decision of the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs amending some provisions of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs' decision No. 11 of 2015 to establish units at the administrative departments comprising the General Secretariat of the Cabinet and defining their competencies.
The Cabinet also approved a draft decision of the Minister of Municipality and Environment on the establishment, organization and leasing of lands in Al-Afja area for recycling industries.
The draft decision aims to encourage the private sector to invest in the recycling industry and speed up granting lands to investors.
It also approved a draft decision of the Minister of Municipality and Environment on the conditions and regulations for the allocation of manors' complexes.
The draft decision includes general and technical conditions, biosecurity requirements, obligations of the license holder and the prohibited acts as well as revocation of the license.
1. An agreement on the cancellation of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic and private passports between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Ghana.
2. An agreement between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Ghana on the regulation of the employment of labor from the Republic of Ghana in the State of Qatar.
3. An agreement between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Ghana on the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
The Cabinet then reviewed the memorandum of HE the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs on Qatar's third periodic report on the mechanism for the universal periodic review and took the appropriate decision thereon.
(Photo credit: Shutterstock)
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!