H.E. Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired the Cabinet regular meeting held at its seat at the Amiri Diwan on Wednesday.
Following the meeting, H.E. Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr. Issa bin Saad Al Jafali Al Nuaimi issued the following statement:
At the beginning of the meeting, the Cabinet was briefed by H.E. Minister of Public Health on the latest developments in efforts to curb Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Cabinet affirmed the continuation of work with the precautionary measures taken to combat the pandemic.
Based on the directives of H.E. the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior on providing the Council of Ministers with plans related to the competencies of ministries and other government agencies, public bodies and institutions, including all implementation programs and projects, the specified timetable for completion as well as standards and indicators for measuring performance progress in line with the comprehensive development vision, Qatar National Vision 2030, in addition to highlighting any partnership projects between the public and private sectors, if any, H.E. the Minister of Endowments (Awqaf) and Islamic Affairs gave a presentation on the detailed plan for the strategy of the Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs.
The plan includes the following:
A comprehensive and integrated system for religious call and guidance and Islamic affairs that consolidates the noble Islamic principles and values as a way of life in the Qatari society, and supports the system of social protection and human building in accordance with the process of sustainable development.
- Monitoring social challenges and the contrast between Islamic values and those common in Qatari society, and promoting the Islamic model among the youth for a meaningful life full of contentment and tranquillity.
- Developing a comprehensive strategy to attract, manage and invest endowment assets in accordance with best practices in this field in order to achieve the largest returns possible within the acceptable limits of risk, and disbursing those returns in a manner that ensures the highest social return.
- Adopting the best social media methodologies to motivate those who must pay zakat on time, and collecting the maximum Zakat due from individuals and companies.
- Developing a comprehensive strategy for community communication with clear and specific goals to shed light on the Ministry's role and achievements in the best possible way, and in accordance with the highest professional standards.
- Developing the best leadership at all levels, and adopting an institutional culture that is consistent with the Ministry's objectives and the requirements of implementing the strategy aimed at embodying the Ministry's vision.
- Adopting information technology, and raising the Ministry's efficiency to the highest possible levels.
- Adopting creative methods in solving problems and achieving results instead of relying on traditional methods characterized by the intensification of resources as a method of solution.
- An advanced and effective call system that highlights the true image of Islam and entrenches the approach of moderation in society.
- An integrated and effective system for teaching the Holy Qur'an and its sciences, which helps increase the turnout from various groups of society to memorize the Holy Qur'an and the Prophet's Sunnah, and enhances chances of Qataris to win local and international competitions.
- Improved institutional processes and effective use of information technology that enable the provision of general and distinct services to beneficiaries.
- The system of Islamic culture as a comprehensive intellectual framework that keeps pace with the spirit of the times disseminates virtuous ethical principles and values in society, preserves its traditions and cultural heritage promotes the spirit of citizenship and tolerance, strengthens links with the Islamic world as well as communication and dialogue with other cultures.
- An effective contribution to building a strong, cohesive and constructive Qatari family, and raising a generation that cherishes its country and serves its community.
- Places of worship in all parts of the country that have high-quality services to perform their role in serving the community as a centre for religious education, spreading awareness, tolerance and strengthening social cohesion.
- An efficient and distinguished system for managing and coordinating Hajj and Umrah affairs that provides pilgrims and Umrah performers with comfortable and high-quality services.
- An integrated Islamic cultural centre that presents the message of Islam as a global civilization message that attracts non-Muslims residing in the country, and promotes peace, coexistence, neighbourhood and civilizational communication between different cultures.
- Establishing an effective Zakat management system that maximizes its role in serving and supporting social protection projects and increasing social capital within the framework of sound and sustainable community development.
- An advanced and effective communication and relations system that adheres to the noble ethical values and principles supports the Ministry's mission, policies and activities, enhances its reputation and position in society, and promotes communication and constructive relations with its surroundings at home and abroad, especially with the Islamic world.
Objectives for each of the following areas and sectors:
1. The field of religious call and guidance - its objectives:
- Monitoring the Islamic fatwa.
- Training imams and preachers.
- Renewing religious discourse according to the moderation approach.
- Developing means and methods of enhancing Islamic culture and civilized communication.
- Developing programs for creating Islamic culture content.
- Liberating concepts and protecting society from negative behaviours.
- Rehabilitation of governmental and private religious centres and centres for memorization of the Holy Quran.
- Supporting family cohesion programs and promoting values.
2. The area of mosques - its objectives:
- Provision of mosques in all parts of the country in parallel with population density and urban expansion.
- Development and promotion of mosque services to meet the aspirations and comfort of the worshipers.
- Provision of competencies capable of fulfilling the mosque's mission with a high degree of professionalism with a focus on national cadres.
3. The field of Islamic research and studies - its objectives:
- Developing cultural awareness and establishing the legitimate vision of intellectual issues and contemporary problems.
- Encouraging scientific research and contributing to the elite building which is achieved by legitimate reference.
- Taking care of students and providing them with the required library and knowledge services.
- Forming a generation of Qatari scholars in the fields of Islamic science.
4. The Zakat sector - its objectives:
- The integrated project for digital transformation.
- Formulating a community outreach strategy.
- Comprehensive institutional development to deal with the growing challenges.
5. The Waqf sector - its objectives:
- Investment of Waqf assets and their governance (modern investment management).
- Spreading Waqf culture (encouraging the field of waqf research).
- Sponsoring cultural, social, health, and educational projects.
- Partnerships with government and private sector institutions (developing equal partnerships).
- Communicating with benefactors (an elaborate system of communication and relationships with partners).
6. The field of Islamic affairs - its objectives:
- Strengthening relations with the Islamic world.
- Distribution of Qurans and books to revive Islamic heritage.
- After that, the Cabinet considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
Approval of the draft decision of the Minister of Interior amending some provisions of Minister of Interior decision No. 105 of 2019 to form the permanent committee for births and deaths, defining its functions, working mechanism, procedures to be followed before it and its remuneration.
The draft resolution stipulates that the committee will be formed as follows:
- Three representatives from the Ministry of Interior, including the president of the committee.
- Two representatives from the Ministry of Public Health, one of whom is the deputy president of the committee.
- A representative of the Public Prosecution.
- A representative of the Hamad Medical Corporation.
- A representative of the Orphan Care Center (Dreama).
Approval of the draft decision of the Minister of Finance regarding tax directives.
The draft decision falls within the automatic exchange of information based on the provisions of the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, which was ratified by Decree No. 14 of 2019.
Approval of a draft memorandum of understanding between the United Nations and the State of Qatar regarding the provision of junior technical staff.
The preparation of the draft memorandum of understanding comes within the framework of the State's keenness to develop Qatari cadres, considering that the human element is the primary engine for development and its ultimate goal. The conclusion of this memorandum is an opportunity for Qatari youth with academic qualifications to work for international organizations and gain practical experience in the field of international cooperation.
Follow us on our social media channels: