The Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’ has completed the Scouts Overland Camp for the Qatar Scouts & Guides Association project in Al Mazrouaa with a cost of approximately QR 86 million, and the association’s headquarter in Ain Khaled project with a cost of approximately QR 31 million.
The Qatar Scouts & Guides Association project in Al Mazrouaa commenced in Q4 of 2012 and was implemented by Al Balagh Trading and Contracting.
The project comprises the construction and maintenance of an overland camp facility at Al Mazrouaa area, located around 30 km from Doha, off Al Shamal Road. With a total area of approximately 400,000 m2 and built up area of approximately 11,500 m2, the camp is considered one of the world’s biggest scouts camping facilities, having various facilities at a single place. In addition, the design and the location of this facility match the highest standards and have the provision for future expansion.
The project aims to provide the possibility of organising international and regional scout’s events, and to encourage camping during vocational training periods, through providing all necessary facilities to the scouts. The project also aims at promoting social communication and environmental awareness among students.
The scouts’ complex project in Al Mazrouaa includes the following facilities:
1. Administration building: Constructed for office facilities and related services. The built up area is 1,180 m2, and mainly consists of administrative offices, meeting rooms, and services facilities. The building also includes a parking area and parking for people with special needs.
2. Seminar building: Includes educative facilities like seminars, training and reading facilities. The built up area is 1,750 m2, and consists of IT rooms and services facilities. The building also includes a multipurpose hall equipped with independent audiovisual systems.
3. Hostel building:It houses bedrooms with attached services. The built up area is 1,760 m2.
4. Entertainment building: Provides recreational facilities, cafeteria and services facilities. The built up area is 1,455 m2.
5. Dining building: The area is 890 m2, and it mainly consists of a dining hall, a kitchen, freezer & chiller rooms and services facilities.
6. Show yard (amphitheater): An open gallery for parade or similar functions. The built up area for the covered part of the show yard is 595 m2, and it mainly consists of open gallery, covered gallery with a lift at first floor for VIPs, seating facility for VIPs (23 Seats) and services facilities.
7. External works: Mainly consists of well-lit camping areas for 251 tents, two football fields, 71 shaded car parking, 20 bus parking, roads, pavements, walkways, hard and soft landscaping with appropriate lights, and required services facilities.
8. Five service block buildings: Typical service blocks are constructed within the camping areas with walkways to and from the camping areas. Each block is positioned to serve 50 camping tents. The built up area for each service block is 645 m2, and it mainly consists of six kitchens, two shower rooms, toilets, a dish washing area, external sitting area and services facilities.
Other buildings include:
9. Guardhouse: The built up area is 345 m2.
10. Storage buildings: The built up area is 495 m2.
11. Substation and fire pump room
The Public Works Authorityhasalsocompletedthe construction ofthe headquarters of theQatar Scouts & Guides Association project in Ain Khalid area, with the project contractor Domopan Qatar WLL. The project includes a three-story headquarters main building that consists of administrative offices, multi-functional areas and a hostel for visitors. The project also includes ancillary services buildings, car-parks and playgrounds.
The project has a plot area of 9,759 m2, and a built up area of 6,812 m2.
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!