Sign in Register
Posted On: 4 February 2022 09:59 pm
Updated On: 4 February 2022 11:28 pm

10 days to leave Qatar after getting travel permit during ‘Grace Period’: MOI

Vrinda Abilash
Vrinda Abilash
Discuss here!
Start a discussion

In a report by The Peninsula, in a webinar organized by the Public Relations Department in association with the General Directorate of Passports, Ministry of Interior (MOI), the time limit for people wishing to leave the country during the ‘Grace Period’ for correcting the status of expatriates is ten days from the date of issuing the travel permit.

As per the report, the Ministry also disclosed that during the period announced by the Ministry of Interior (MOI) from October 10, 2021 to March 31, 2022 “the deportation of the minors under the age of 18 will be without a ban to return to Qatar, in all cases regardless of their violation of the provisions of the law, and they are exempted from any legal consequences.”

Officers from the MoI affirmed that “the departure of expatriates is secured by exempting them from the fines incurred by them and without bearing any responsibility, and their transaction is completed as quickly and smoothly as possible without any delay.”

As per The Peninsula, officers have urged violators “to speed up and contact the concerned authorities to avoid delays in their transactions due to the possibility of some restrictions imposed against them without their knowledge that prevent their travel so that they can settle it and leave without hindrance within the prescribed period.”

The Ministry of Interior has extended the grace period till March 31, 2022, in the interests of company owners and expatriate workers for them to benefit from the 50% reduction in the violation settlement amount. The Ministry has provided all facilities for the violators to correct their legal status while they are inside the country by transferring from one employer to another or by leaving the country in their own interest by exempting them from all consequences of legal responsibility.

The violating expatriate or violating employer must submit a request for reconciliation within the specified period to the Search and Follow up Department or to any of the service centers including Umm Salal Services Center, Umm Sunaim Services Center, Musaimeer Services Center, Al Wakra Services Center and Al Rayyan Services Center, or any of the following service centers that accept reconciliation applications and the issuance and renewal of the Residence Permit (RP) by the same employer (Al Shamal, Al Khor, Al Daayen, Umm Salal, Al Lulu, Unaizah, Souq Waqif, Al Rayyan, Umm Sanim, Al Sheehaniya, Mesaimeer, Al Wakra, and Dukhan).

RELATED: MOI extends time limit for illegal expatriates who violate law 'Regulating Entry, Exit, and Residence of Expatriates' to rectify status

Source: The Peninsula
Cover image credit: MOI