Residents invited to enjoy a packed program of events in Doha from February 16 - 22
Doha, Qatar – 21 January 2015: The American Chamber of Commerce Qatar (AmCham Qatar), in partnership with the Embassy of the United States of America, today launched Discover America - USA Week Qatar, an inaugural celebration of American culture, commerce and friendship in Qatar.
Delivering a packed program of activities in partnership with Qatar Airways, Qatar Chamber of Commerce, Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q), Qatar Happening and others, the one-week festival kicks off on American President’s Day, lasting for one week from February 16 to 22 2015. From a high-level seminar for business leaders to an authentic American chili cook-off, USA Week Qatar has something for everyone to enjoy.
Her Excellency Dana Shell Smith, The U.S. Ambassador to Qatar said: “From sport to commerce, education, and culture, USA Week Qatar will highlight the many aspects of our strong partnership with Qatar and the Qatari people. We are proud to support this exciting week of events.
” Robert Hager, Chairman of AmCham Qatar, said: “AmCham Qatar has grown into a powerful platform for commerce between Qatar and the U.S. but business aside – our friendship comes first. We are proud to invite families, foodies, golf-lovers and movie-goers to discover America and join us for USA Week Qatar. Building on an expanding portfolio of events for business leaders and decision makers in Qatar, we hope to grow USA Week into an annual tradition with our partners.
” Organizers announced USA Week’s official line-up at a press conference held Wednesday at the Intercontinental Doha:
· A special edition of AmCham Qatar’s famous Distinguished Speaker Series will be held February 17, featuring Rodney Slater, U.S. Secretary of Transportation under President Clinton, speaking on U.S. infrastructure and transportation investment opportunities.
· A half day seminar on Doing Business in the U.S. will be held February 18 in partnership with Qatar Chamber of Commerce. The seminar is aimed at Qatari companies and business people looking to invest in the U.S. or expand their business there. The line-up will feature prominent experts and lobbyists, offering deep intelligence and insight into the U.S. economy, tax and legal systems.
· AmCham and Middle East Business Solutions’ (MEBS) will host the First Annual Chili Cook-off on February 21. Chili will be judged on spiciness, flavor and originality in a blind taste test, guaranteeing a fun day for the whole family.
· AmCham Qatar’s Fifth Annual Golf Tournament will take place February 22. The highly-anticipated tournament is held at the Doha Golf Club each year. Approximately 70 golfers will play 18 holes of Texas Scramble, competing for major prizes in multiple categories, including Longest Drive and Closest Shot to the Pin.
· Screening of Classic American Films (February 16-17 at 5:30pm) Hosted at the Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) Student Center in partnership with NU-Q, residents are invited to enjoy the magic of the movies at special screenings of American movie classics.
You can follow the conversation on Discover America - USA Week Qatar by using the official hashtag #USAWEEKQATAR. You can also find additional information on www.amchamqatar.org.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!