Our team tried to compose a list of unique experiences we have had in Qatar. Please share your positive or interesting experiences in the comments. We would love to hear your stories.
1. A woman walks in somewhere, anywhere, and she is often promptly brought to the front of lines at the banks, ministries, or any sort of insurances place. It’s sweet being a lady in Qatar.
2. If you are ever stopped on the side of the road i.e. a flat, accident, car problems, expect a Qatari to always stop. Almost always, to check on you if you need help.
3. To be invited to people’s weddings you barely know. Many of us have been invited to Qatari weddings… meanwhile we didn’t know the bride or groom, but knew an extended family member… just barely.
4. Walking by a jewelry stall and seeing a ring with the picture of the Father Emir (Sheikh Hamad) surrounded by diamonds, then having your children begging you “Oooooh mom, you should buy it!.
5. Standing in a line to get passport photos taken and being treated to a cappuccino by a complete female stranger from the Netherlands.
6. Being stopped on the road and asked for your passport on a Friday night. (make sure to keep your ID’s with you!)
7. Everyone welcomes you into their home and in to their lives very quickly. Super easy to make friends here.
8. Watching cars drive around in circles at the Pearl without a destination.
9. Having taxi drivers say they are new to the country and do not know where the destination is that we need to go to.
Image source: Land Rover MENA
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!