Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., and Ibin Ajayan Trading Co., today announced the launch of the all new automatic version of the New Age XUV500 in Doha. The vehicle will be available in two variants, namely the W8 FWD and the W10 AWD.
The New Age XUV500 is the only SUV in its class to offer a second generation, 6-speed automatic transmission with AWD as an option. The all new Automatic Transmission has been sourced for the first time from a leading global supplier, AISIN, Japan. The New Age XUV500 Automatic takes the driving experience to the next level with easy cruising on city roads as well as challenging terrain.
The New Age XUV500, a truly world-class vehicle, bridges the gap between style and adventure, luxury and ruggedness, and performance and economy. It has been conceptualized and designed by Mahindra’s in-house engineering team, incorporating the most contemporary styling, design and technology. The XUV500 has received a tremendous response from customers and reviewers alike and was the most awarded car with 22 awards in its first year after launch, and 29 awards till date from auto experts, aside from numerous other accolades.
The XUV500 has notched up prestigious wins in the Indian Rally Championship (IRC) and in the ‘Extreme’ category of rally-raid events such as Desert Storm Dakshin Dare. The XUV500 is the first ever vehicle to win podiums in the Indian motorsport circuit, beating 54 competitors in the Desert Storm event. Right from the day of its launch, the XUV500 has become a trendsetter for the Indian automotive industry as the fastest selling SUV in the premium category.
Speaking on the occasion Joydeep Moitra, Head of International Operations, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said, “The Middle East SUV market is one of the most dynamic and demanding in the world and we look forward to the challenges it presents. Globally, the XUV500 has been well received with its unique blend of style and utility, luxury and ruggedness and we are confident that customers here would be similarly delighted with its powerful drive experience.”
Mr. Moitra further added, “We are confident that with Ibin Ajayan’s extensive reach in the Qatar and their renewed commitment to after sales services, we will be able to tap the huge potential in this segment.”
Elaborating on its association with Mahindra, Mr. Ajayan Al Ahbabi, CEO, Ibin Ajayan Group said, “We are proud of our association with Mahindra. For the customer, the competitively priced XUV500 will be a great value for money purchase. Launching the XUV500 in the Qatar market is in tune with our objective of offering the customer world-class vehicles and we are confident that it will soon become the preferred choice in the SUV segment in the Qatar market.”
Key Features of the New Age XUV500 Automatic
• Fully Automatic Gearbox - The XUV500 Automatic features a completely new second-generation transmission with torque convertor and a planetary gear-train that enables smooth and precise gear shifts. The intuitive gear changes combine the responsiveness of manual transmission with the hassle-free operation of an automatic, thereby providing the experience of both a relaxed cruise and spirited drive, as desired. The all new Automatic transmission allows dynamic gear shifts that are smooth and barely perceptible.
• 6 speed automatic transmission with optimized gear ratios (including 2 overdrive gears) that help boost fuel efficiency - With 6 gears, the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic which enables the driveline to deliver the best fuel efficiency. The gear ratios in the 6 speed transmission are optimized to ensure that the engine uses the least amount of fuel.
• Automatic transmission with AWD - For the Adventure seekers, the all new Automatic transmission also comes with the option of All Wheel Drive (AWD). The AWD ensures that the vehicle torque is suitably distributed between the wheels to provide the best traction on rugged or slippery roads by sensing the difference in rotation between the front and rear wheels.
• Intelligent adaptation to terrain and altitude - The intelligent all new transmission is capable of adapting to mid and high altitudes to enable drivability in these challenging conditions. The two uphill climbing modes allow the vehicle to take on slopes and hilly terrain effortlessly.
• Easy cruising in the city- The automatic gearbox is capable of providing brisk acceleration and smooth delivery of torque across all 6 gears to enable a relaxed and stress free drive even in stop-and-go city traffic. It also comes with a “creep function” to aid in slow moving traffic.
• Minimum Service - In the XUV500 AT the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled for life, ensuring service cost is kept to a minimum
About Mahindra The Mahindra Group is a USD 19 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It has a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, components, commercial vehicles, consulting services, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, steel, aerospace, defence and two wheelers. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 200,000 people across 100 countries. Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
All images courtesy of Mahindra Qatar
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!