Sam Thomson, Brand And Value Director at The Body Shop is one of the keynote speakers at the Marketing Kingdom Middle East 2, Qatar’s leading marketing event, taking place from 18-19 October 2015 at the W Hotel in Doha.
He has been the Brand and Values Director at the Body Shop for four years now. Previously, he spent 11 years at Procter & Gamble as the company’s brand manager. He is a graduate of the University Of Oxford.
Below is his perspective on how to make the most of your marketing campaigns in today’s ever changing marketing world:
1. Customer 1st, technology 2nd: it’s very easy to get caught up in all the new technology available in marketing…but at the end of the day the most important thing is to focus on what is most relevant for your target audience
2. Think and act Mobile: customers discover, research and buy through their mobile devices…so don’t think of mobile as the icing on the cake at the end of your planning, think of it as the cake itself
3. Be agile, live 80/20: there’s an old saying that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is true…but in today’s fast paced environment you can easily plan and strategise for so long that by the time you come to execution, you’ve already been beaten by a competitor or the plan is no longer relevant. A test and learn mindset is therefore absolutely key
4. Embrace failure: a big cultural challenge for many businesses, but building on the point above you have to be extremely agile, especially in the digital space. This means constantly trying things out, failing and then moving on fast. This spirit of constant improvement, and creating a culture where failing is not seen as, well, failing, is absolutely key
5. Love the numbers: data is, in essence, a marketer’s dream…never before have we had such potential for personalised insight into our customers and their behaviours – the key is knowing how to turn it into actions, meaning getting the right internal structures and agency partners in place is more key than ever
To meet Sam and 15 other marketing gurus from Yahoo!, GE, Twitter, Virgin Media and Microsoft feel free to visit the official website of the Marketing Kingdom Middle East 2:
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!