Are you a shop owner or do you own a commercial establishment? Did you know that before giving discounts or promotional offers at your store, you will have to apply for a promotion license with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI)?
Here are the online steps to request with MOCI:
1. Go to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry's website here: https://www.moci.gov.qa/. 2. The next step is to click on "E- Services" and log in by clicking on "Investor Services".
3. Next click on "Licenses for downloads and offers" and then on "Issuance of offers license" and click "Agree". 4. Now click on "Special Offers" or "Promotions" based on your discount event category. Note that one is allowed to select only one type from the offers' list, then click on "Next".
5. Select the establishment for which a promotion license to be issued, then click on "Next". 6. Select the branch or branches for which you want the license to be issued and click on "Next".
7. Enter the method of the offer along with the promotion's starting and end dates, and click on "Next". 8. The next step is to upload the 2 documents - price list and promotion artwork.
Price List: The form is in Arabic and we translated it for you in English below. Make sure you fill in every single item you wish to put a special offer on. They must be filled in ARABIC.
Artwork: You must create an artwork for your promotion. Download the "Shop with Confidence" guideline and stamp HERE (By clicking on Shop With Confidence, under Services and Transaction Forms on the left). Read and follow the guideline.
9. The next step is to pay the fees and print the license.
What is the additional information you need to know about this service?
Note that the application can be submitted by the owner or any one of the partners, or managers listed in the company's valid commercial register.
A message will be sent to the applicant if MOCI has any comments. An inspector from MOCI will make a field inspection to review the license requirements.
The applicable fees for the application can be paid on the website, mobile app, or directly at the Ministry itself. Once the draft is approved by MOCI, a copy of the license will be sent via email.
One cannot request again for a cancelled application or for the same kind of request or for one that has not been implemented cannot be requested again.
The applicant must comply with all the instructions included in the Ministerial Resolution No. (19) of 2002 and have to remove all advertising features immediately after the end of the promotion or after cancelling it.
It is compulsory that the applicant provides the Ministry with written proof of awarding the prizes, as well as a list of prizes that have not been delivered to the winners, the prizes that with no owners, and the remaining prizes from the promotional campaign, within 30 days of the promotion's end.
The license number and campaign period must be clearly stated in the ads for the promotion.
What are the fees for this service?
QR 1500 for the issuance of a license for promotional offers.
respect to promotional offers, there are additional rules to be followed by the applicant as below:
Apply all instructions included in the laws and ministerial decisions related to consumer protection and this promotional offer.
Make sure that the goods covered by the offer benefit the consumer no less than (10%) in view of the same goods at the sale outlet, and that the offer is available at the outlets participating in the offer during its validity period.
Remove all goods at the end of the offer or if it is cancelled, display the goods covered by the offer, and to advertise them a clear and separate place.
If you wish to start a new offer for the same item that is covered by a valid offer, the new offer must be more useful and valuable than the previous offer, otherwise, the old offer will be subject to the terms of the new offer.