The Abu Samra border is Qatar's land border that is located on Salwa Road. It serves as a direct entry point to Saudi Arabia by road.
In light of the increased usage of the Abu Samra border and travellers by car, the Ministry of Interior introduced a service of vehicle pre-registration that can be done online to smoothen procedures at the border.
The service allows citizens and residents of Qatar to pre-register their vehicle via the Metrash2 Application and complete documentation before their travel, allowing them to take advantage of a dedicated lane at the border for a quicker and more convenient crossing.
Visitors to Qatar travelling via the Abu Samra border can use the Hayya Portal to pre-register their vehicle.
Note: The online vehicle pre-registration is optional and not mandatory. Vehicle registration can be done at the border as well.
The ILoveQatar.net (ILQ) team brings you a guide to the steps that must be followed to complete the vehicle pre-registration.
2) Enter the 'Travel Services' section
3) Choose the 'Pre-Registration for Abu Samra Border Crossing'
4) Enter vehicle, driver & passenger data
5) Confirm the vehicle pre-registration request
6) Receive the confirmation SMS
7) Upon arrival at the Abu Samra border, go to the 'pre-registration' lane
1) Select 'Abu Samra border pre-registration' on the Hayya Portal homepage
2) Register Vehicle
Details required to register a vehicle:
3) Add 'Trip Details'
Once vehicle and trip details are added, the request will be pending until the details have been verified. Verification confirmation will be received by email or will indicate on Hayya Portal.
4) Upon vehicle and trip details being verified, traveller information can be added - passport and personal details of each person who will be joining the journey.
5) Once all details are submitted and approved, an email will be sent to the registered email address with a vehicle entry permit which consists of a QR code which will grant easy access at the Abu Samra border.
Source: Ministry of Interior/Hayya.qa
Are you planning to travel by road? Was this information useful for you? Do let us know in the comments below. Do share this article - it keeps us going!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!