Qatar announced on January 2023 that the validity of the Hayya Card for international World Cup visitors, which served as a visa or entry permit, will be extended until January 2024.
It was also announced that international Hayya Cardholders who came to Qatar during the World Cup could invite up to 3 family members/ friends via Voucher Codes to visit the country through the Hayya with Me feature.
The Hayya with Me feature is another option for international visitors to enter Qatar aside from other visas. Hayya with Me is the only way to apply for the Hayya Entry Permit, and it cannot be accessed by Qatar residents.
The ILoveQatar.net (ILQ) team has put together a detailed guide on how you can use the Hayya with Me feature.
1. What is Hayya with Me (1+3)?
The Hayya with Me feature allows international Hayya Cardholders who came to Qatar during the World Cup to invite up to 3 family members or friends to enter Qatar using Voucher Codes. These Voucher Codes need to be used by the invitees while applying for their respective Hayya Entry Permit.
The Hayya with Me feature cannot be accessed by Qatar residents.
2. What are the benefits of the Hayya Card?
Multiple-entry permit to the State of Qatar.
Use of the e-Gate system for entry and exit via state ports.
No fees are required.
3. Who can use Hayya Card to enter Qatar in 2023?
Those outside Qatar with an approved Hayya Card during the FIFA World Cup 2022 can enter Qatar with no further applications, just the minimum requirements. (Minimum requirements answered in the next question.)
Approved Hayya Cardholders will receive an updated extended entry permit in PDF format to the e-mail address linked to the account starting 30 January 2023.
First-time registrations on the Hayya with Me feature can apply for a Hayya Entry Permit using the Voucher Codes available to approved international Hayya Cardholders who came to Qatar during the World Cup.
4. What are the requirements to use Hayya to enter Qatar in 2023?
Proof of hotel reservation or accommodation with family or friends approved via the online Hayya Portal.
A passport valid for no less than three months upon arrival in Qatar.
Health insurance valid for the period of the Hayya Card entry permit, which is until 24 January 2024. Please note that the health insurance needs to be one approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Qatar. Read our guide below on how you can get one.
Hotel booking in Qatar approved via the Hayya Portal; includes third-party websites, direct hotel booking etc.
Host Family & Friends accommodation. The applicant must be added to the accommodation property by the host via the Hayya Portal. Steps on how to do the same are answered in question number 8 & 9.
6. How to get approval for a hotel reservation through Hayya Portal?
1. Log into the Hayya portal. 2. Select the "Accommodation" button next to your name. 3. From the drop-down, select "2. Upload Other Platforms Booking".
4. Tick the 'Legal Liability Disclaimer'. 5. Fill in the Accommodation details:
Name of applicant
Digital Hayya Card Number
Accommodation Start Date
Accommodation End Date
Country of Departure
Accommodation Address in Qatar
Upload the proof of accommodation in PDF file
6. Click 'Submit'.
The name on the uploaded proof of accommodation must be the same as indicated in the applicant's passport.
Applicants may only add 1 Accommodation Booking Proof.
You will be allowed to upload another Accommodation Booking Proof if your request is rejected.
Once the application is reviewed and approved, the applicant will receive an e-mail confirmation, and the Hayya Card will be fully approved.
Dependents linked to the account will also have automatically approved accommodation.
7. How does the Host Family & Friends work?
Residents of Qatar may invite guests who are entering Qatar via Hayya to stay in their homes as accommodation hosts.
To be able to do this, residents must register their address as an accommodation.
8. How to register a property as a Host Family & Friends accommodation?
1. Log into the Hayya Portal. 2. Select the "Accommodation" button next to your name. 3. From the drop-down, select "1. Host Family & Friends".
4. Tick the 'Legal Liability Disclaimer'. 5. Fill in the Host QID & Date of Birth. 6. Click 'Validate my QID'. 7. An OTP verification will be sent via SMS to the number linked to the QID. Enter and validate the OTP.
8. Fill in the Property Address details as per your Blue Plate:
9. Confirm whether you own the property or rent the property. 10. Upload Contract Lease or Property Deed. 11. Click 'Validate & Add'. 12. Check the address details displayed before adding your guests.
9. How to add guests under Host Family & Friends option?
5. Click 'Add'. 6. After this, the guest will receive an email saying they have been invited to stay at the property. Below is a screenshot of what the email will look like.
The applicant may only submit a maximum of 5 properties.
A maximum of 5 guests per property only.
A property may only be deleted when no guests are assigned to it.
Guests may be able to stay at the property until 24 January 2024.
10. How to get Hayya with Me Voucher Codes?
International Hayya Cardholders who came to Qatar during the World Cup could invite up to 3 family members/friends via Voucher Codes to visit Qatar through the Hayya with Me feature.
The person giving the Voucher Code doesn't need to be present during the invitees' visit to Qatar.
Voucher Codes can be used only once.
Follow the steps mentioned below to access the Voucher Codes:
Log in to the Hayya portal at hayya.qatar2022.qa
Click on your name on the upper right of the screen, this will take you to your profile.
From your profile, select 'My Hayya' and click 'Action'.
Select 'Hayya with Me'.
Your 3 'Hayya with Me' voucher codes will appear.
You will also be able to track the status of your voucher codes to see if they have been claimed.
Only international Hayya Cardholders who visited Qatar during the World Cup will be able to access the 3 Voucher Codes. This feature cannot be accessed by Qatar residents.
11. What are the documents/information needed before you start your Hayya with Me (1+3) application?
Voucher Code received from an international Hayya Cardholder.
Soft/digital copy of your passport-size photograph.
Soft/digital copy of your passport.
12. How to apply Hayya with Me (1+3) as the invitee or an applicant?
1. Go to the Hayya portal website at hayya.qatar2022.qa. 2. Click on 'Apply for Hayya'. 3. In the Applicant Category, select 'Hayya with Me voucher'. 4. Enter the Hayya with Me voucher code received from the main Hayya Cardholder. 5. Fill in the Applicant Information details and tick the 'I have reviewed the instructions to upload my Personal Photo and Passport'.
Photo of applicant
Applicant type (GCC or International traveller)
Copy of passport
6. Make sure to verify all steps.
7. Fill in the contact information details. 8. Click on 'Review & Submit'.
9. This will take you to the final review page, where you can double-check all details before submitting. 10. Tick the Terms & Conditions and confirmation of correct information boxes. 11. Once done, click 'Submit'.
12. After successfully submitting the application, you will receive an application number for tracking.
13. Once approved, the applicant will receive their Hayya Entry Permit via e-mail with further details and instructions.
13. How to add dependents/kids for Hayya with Me?
Once your Hayya with Me application has been approved, users can apply for a dependant.
Dependents must be under 18, have a valid passport, and will need to have a Hayya with Me voucher code as well.
1. Log in on the Hayya portal website at hayya.qatar2022.qa. 2. Click on your name on the top right of the screen. 3. From your profile, scroll down and click on 'ADD YOUR DEPENDANTS (UNDER 18 YEARS OLD)'.
4. Select 'Hayya with Me' as the Applicant Category. 5. Enter the Hayya with Me voucher code. 6. Click 'Validate my Voucher'. 7. Fill in the Applicant Information details:
Photo of applicant
Applicant type (GCC or International traveller)
Copy of passport
8. Fill in the contact information details. 9. Click on 'Review & Submit'.
The application number for the dependant will be provided for tracking.
Once approved, the Hayya with Me holder will receive the dependant's Hayya Entry Permit via e-mail.
14. Do residents need Hayya to enter Qatar?
No, residents only need to present their valid Qatar ID or QID.
15. What is the fee for the Hayya application?
There are no fees for Hayya card applications; it's free!
16. Hayya Support
Need more information and assistance? You may contact Hayya Support through the below contact details: