Despite strict traffic rules, car accidents are all too common phenomena in Qatar. However, approximately 90 percent of them are minor incidents, so to simplify procedures for motorists involved in minor traffic accidents, the government launched an online service in August 2016 called Metrash2.
The new service allows the two parties involved in the accident to skip waiting for traffic patrol officers, or travelling to Central Traffic Investigation offices. The problem is that, although the service was introduced around a year and a half ago, not enough motorists are aware of it.
Traffic Department Director Brigadier Mohammed Saad al Kharji states that the minor accident registration service is the result of the “relentless efforts of the MOI's General Directorate of Information Systems to automate and streamline traffic services for motorists in collaboration with the General Directorate of Traffic.”
As Capt. Ali Ahmed Al Binali stated in an interview with police magazine Al Shurta Maak (Police with You): “Most motorists don’t know that they can register minor accidents through Metrash 2. Indeed, the majority of them have no idea how to avail themselves of the service. Many motorists, when they want to report minor accidents, send pictures of their vehicles but forget to send pictures of the accident. This makes the job of investigators difficult as their photos don’t provide enough factual evidence or details”.
Due to the lack of publicity in the media, those who do know about Metrash2 don’t follow the correct steps to report accidents. So here is our complete guide to help you report a minor accident via Metrash2.
The following criteria describe a minor accident:
The service is available in six languages including Arabic, English, French, Spanish, Urdu and Malayalam.
To register a minor road accident by Metrash2, you can use the following procedures:
1) Take no more than four pictures of each vehicle. One photograph should show the vehicles’ number plates clearly.
2) Move your vehicles from the scene and park away from the road.
3) Ensure the location services of your phone are enabled.
4) Sign in to Metrash2, select 'Traffic Services’, open the ‘Accident Report’ option.
5) Enter details of both vehicles (Vehicle No, QID No and Mobile No.)
6) Attach photos of both vehicles and click on the agreement on validity of the data.
7) Submit the report for traffic investigation.
8) A notification SMS (text message) will be sent to you asking to wait for another message to complete the procedures.
9) After reviewing the accident photos by traffic investigators, an SMS will be sent to both parties with instructions to go to your insurance company for vehicle repair approval. The vehicle repair police report can be printed from MOI's official website, or through the insurance company concerned.
Have you ever tried to register a car accident using Metrash2? Did this article help you discover more about the procedure of reporting? Let us know in the comments section below and don't forge to like and share this article.
(Cover image credit: iStock by Getty Images) (Other image credits: Qatar Ministry of Interior)
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!