Sign in Register
Posted On: 14 September 2020 03:00 pm
Updated On: 14 September 2020 12:16 pm

How to request for pest control with the Ministry of Municipality and Environment?

Vrinda Abilash
Vrinda Abilash
Discuss here!
Start a discussion

Pests like insects, termites, rodents, bedbugs, etc, can come from anywhere and anytime. They can cause various health problems including allergic reactions, asthma, respiratory diseases, and even mental health issues. If left unattended, it might become overwhelming for the landlord, owner or tenant to control the spread.

Are nasty insects and rodents bothering you? Did you know you can request for insect and rodent control with the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) both online and offline? Read more to see how you can apply for a request and deal with the pest problem quickly and effectively at a nominal fee!

Who can submit a request?

Citizens, residents, government and semi-government entities, in addition to commercial entities (except for food shops), may submit a request to the Services Affairs Department at the MME to control the different types of insects and rodents that cause a lot of health lesions and damage if they are found inside houses or other facilities.

What are the fees for this service?

  • For houses of citizens and residents: free of charge.
  • For factories, workshops, shops, residential compounds, chalets and farms, fees are as follows:
    - Inside the city: QR 200
    - Within 5 KM from the city: QR 300
    - Outside the city: QR 500
    - In farm compounds: QR 50

What are the online instructions?

MME Pest Control Request
Image Credit: MME
  • Fill out the online form, entering all the required information.
  • Enter information of requester or government entity coordinator (name, mobile number, QID number).
MME Pest Control Request
Image Credit: MME
  • Enter “My Address” information and add electricity meter, then write service details.
MME Pest Control Request
Image Credit: MME
  • Click on “Start Workflow”.
  • For government entities: Submit a letter to have the service completed.
  • Pay appropriate fees.

What are the offline instructions?

  • Visit the Customer Service Office in your nearest municipality.
  • Provide all the above-mentioned required information to complete the service.
  • Pay the appropriate fees.

What happens after the request is submitted?

  • Once the request is submitted, it is forwarded to the concerned department.
  • The person availing the service will receive a call from the Ministry the next day, confirming the request.
  • The appointment is also scheduled for the service and it is completed within the stipulated time.

Additional Information:

  • This service is available only to citizens and non-single residents.
  • It is not advisable to spray pesticides except after 30 days of the last submitted request.
  • This service can also be obtained via the Oun mobile app or by contacting the Call Center on 184.
  • The MME clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • This service requires 2-3 days to be completed.
  • You can view the service information on MME website.

Source: Hukoomi & MME