If your child is born in Qatar, it is essential to have your child’s birth registered to be able to get the identification documents. The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) issues birth certificates for children born in Qatar. Children born to foreign nationals are not entitled to Qatari nationality. Expatriate parents are responsible for registering their child’s birth with their respective country’s embassy.
Scroll all the way down to know the procedures of issuing a birth certificate in Qatar.
Yes, you need to obtain an advance appointment by contacting registered birth registration offices in government and private hospitals from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm by contacting the birth registration offices. This has come into force since Sunday, April 26th, 2020 in an effort to continue the precautionary measures taken by Qatar to prevent and contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
• Women's Wellness and Research Center (Phone: 44092144 – 44092145)
• Birth registration office – Al Ahli Hospital (Phone: 44898195 – 44898194)
• Birth registration office – Sidra Medicine (Phone: 40031424 – 40031404)
• Birth registration office – Wakra Hospital (Phone: 4115288)
• Birth registration office – Al Khor Hospital (Phone: 44745274 – 44745276)
You have to submit the following identification papers to acquire a birth certificate:
Qatari Father + Qatari Mother
Qatari Father + Non-Qatari Mother
3. New Non-Qatari Births - Born in Qatar
To obtain the service, the following must be adhered to:
1. Obtain a prior appointment, with the need to adhere to the specific time for each patient, and in the case of non-compliance with the time, the date set for the patient will be cancelled, and in this case, they must obtain a new appointment.
2. Fill out the blue form designated for notification and registration of newborns (attached) prior to your scheduled appointment.
3. Attach all required documents, (a completed list of documents is attached).
4. Paying QR20 as a charge for the Birth Certificate.
For urgent cases and inquiries from 7:00 am to 11:30 am, please contact the Births and Deaths Committee at MOPH headquarters on the following numbers: (44092144 - 44092145 - 44070010).
Did this article help you to find out how to acquire a birth certificate? Let us know in the comments section below. And forget to like and share this article to allow others to stay informed!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!