Sign in Register
Posted On: 23 May 2021 05:30 pm
Updated On: 24 May 2021 10:29 am

What are the types of certificates issued by Ministry of Interior Qatar

Discuss here!
Start a discussion

The Ministry of Interior- Qatar has a service that allows individuals and companies to submit a request online for certificates issued by the Ministry. The Certificates Service is available both on the MOI e-Services Portal or Metrash2 Mobile Application. The requested certificate, available in Arabic or English, can be received via email after the payment process is completed.

The certificates available are the following:

  • To Whom It May Concern Certificate
  • Residency Status Certificate
  • Visitor Status Certificate
  • Family Residency Status Certificate
  • Change of Name Certificate
  • Change of Nationality Certificate
  • Change of Birth Date Certificate
  • Entry/Exit Certificate
  • Change/Amendment of Company Name Certificate
  • Company Number of Workers Statistic Certificate (Company Labor Statistics)
  • Sponsor Change Certificate
  • First Procedure Change Certificate

How to access the "Certificates Service" on the Metrash2 app

  • Open the Metrash2 app on your mobile.
  • Log in using your QID and PIN.
  • Make sure to input your email address in Settings>Email Configuration.
  • Go back to Services.
  • Select "Residency".
  • Select "Certificates".
  • Select the type of certificate you need from the list.
  • Enter the information required.
  • Pay the appropriate fee using Credit Card or Debit Card.

How to access the "Certificates Service" if you have a smartcard

ministry of interior qatar e-services residency service certificates
Image credit: Ministry of Interior
  • Open the MOI e-services portal and log in with your smartcard.
  • Select “Residency Services” then “Certificates”.
  • Use the “Expatriate Data” page to enter the type of certificate and concerned person.
  • Select the type of certificate to be issued from the “Certificate Type” list.
  • Enter the email address where the soft copy of the certificate will be sent.
  • If the certificate is issued for yourself, leave the default option “My QID” auto-selected.
  • In case the certificate is issued for one of your expatriates, select the “QID of Expatriate/Relative” option and enter the 11-digit QID number in the text box provided.
  • Enter visa number in the “Visa Number” text box, in case the type of certificate requested requires a visa number.
  • Click on “Next” and pay the appropriate fees.


A fee of QR 10 applies for each certificate.


    Source: Hukoomi; Ministry of Interior