Event ends: Jul 22, 2014
Registration Dates: Dates: Jun 22 ’14 – Jul 11 ’14 regular
MANDATORY attendance of all CAPTAINS on Captain's Meeting at Ibn e Khaldoun
Cost: 310 riyals for the whole Team
Prizes: 1st place QR 1500
- All players must be registered by completing the necessary online registration
- Prior to competing for any team. All players will be asked to sign a waiver form prior to start of tournament.
Any team playing an unregistered player will automatically lose the match 21 – 0 and be awarded zero points.
- No additional players can be allocated to a team once 5 individuals have been registered to a team. No Exceptions.
A maximum of Five players per game may be used. All players must be named on the team sheet prior to game.
Tournament Structure (subject to change)
- The tournament will comprise of 12 to 16 Teams (subject to change, depending on registrations)
- Each team will play at least 3 games during the tournament
Teams are asked to ensure that all players arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled game times.
- 3 points awarded per win
- 0 points for loss
- For and Against points will be recorded
- Tournament placings will be decided by points gained, followed by points difference, followed by games won, followed by the aggregate result between the two teams in question.
- Failure for a team to show equals a game forfeit and automatic loss of 21-0 and zero points awarded.
- A team can only take to the field if a minimum of 3 players registered for that team are available to play.
- If a team fails to field sufficient players for 2 games they will be suspended from the tournament and forfeit all payments to QSports.
Article 1: Court
The game will be played on of a regular Basketball playing half court. The court shall have a rectangular playing court sized zone, including a free throw line (5.80 m) and a two point line (6.75).
Article 2: Teams
Each team shall consist of a maximum Five (5) players. Three (3) players on the court and Two (2) substitutes.
Article 3: Game officials
The game official shall consist of one (1) referee and One (1) time/ score keepers.
Article 4: Beginning of the Game
- 4.1 Both the teams shall warm up simultaneously prior to the game.
- 4.2 A coin flip shall determine which team gets the first possession.
Article 5: Scoring
- 5.1 Every shot inside the arc shall be awarded one (1) point.
- 5.2 Every shot behind the arc shall be awarded two(2) point.
- 5.3 Every successful free throw shall be awarded one (1) point.
Article 6: Playing time/ winner of the game
- 6.1 The regular playing time shall consist of Two (2) periods of Five (5) minutes each. The clock shall not be stopped during free throws. The clock shall be restarted after the exchange of the ball is completed (as soon as it is in the offensive team’s hands)
- 6.2 However the first team which scores 21 points or more wins the game if it happens before the end of regular playing time.
- 6.3 If the score is tied at end of playing time an extra period of time will be played. The defensive team from game start shall have the first ball possession. There shall be an interval of one(1) minute before extra period. The extra period shall last one (1) minute. However, if the score is still tied after the first overtime, a second and final overtime is played and the first team to score two(2) points win the game.
- 6.4 A team shall lose the game by forfeit if at the scheduled starting time the team is not present on the playing court with three(3) players ready to play.
Article 7: Fouls/ Free throws
- 7.1 A team is in a team foul situation when it has committed four (4) fouls within a period.
- 7.2 A player who has committed four (4) fouls must leave the game.
- 7.3 Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded one (1) free throw.
- 7.4 Fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded two (2) free throws.
- 7.5 Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded one (1) additional free throw.
- 7.6 Non Shooting fouls under penalty foul situation shall be awarded one (1) free throw.
Article 8: Stalling
- 8.1 Stalling or failing to play actively by attempting to score shall be a violation.
- 8.3 The court is not equipped with a shot clock and if a team is not sufficiently trying to attack the basket, the referee shall give them a warning on the second warning the other team shall be awarded the ball behind the arc.
Article 9: How the ball is played
- 9.1 Following each successful field goal or last free throw:- A player from a non scoring team will resume the game by dribbling or passing the ball from inside the court directly underneath the basket (not from behind the end line) to a place on the court behind the arc. Tapping away the ball by scoring team after a made field goal or free throw shall be considered a delay of the game and result in a technical foul.
- 9.2 Following each unsuccessful field goal or last free throw:- If the offensive team rebounds the ball it may continue to attempt to score without returning the ball behind the arc. If the defensive team rebounds the ball, it must return the ball behind the arc (by dribbling or passing).
- 9.3 Following a steal, a turn over etc :- If it happens inside the arc, the ball must be passed / dribbled to a place behind the arc.
- 9.4 Possession of the ball given to either team following any dead ball situation other than a successful score shall start with an exchange of the ball (between the defensive and offensive player) behind the arc at the top of the court.
- 9.5 The ball is considered as “behind the arc” when the offensive player in possession of the ball has both feet behind the two point line.
- 9.6 In the event of jump ball situation, the defensive team shall be rewarded the ball.
- 9.7 Dunking of the ball is not permitted unless pressure-released rings are used.
Article 10: Substitution
The substitutions shall be permitted when the ball becomes dead and the game clock stopped.
Article 11: Time Out
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
The players and teams playing in the tournament are being accorded the opportunity to play as a privilige and not a right! Therefore, all players are expected to use common sense and display sportsmanship at all times and respect game officials and organizers.
We ask all our members to be friendly, positive, and sportsman like when engaging in sports activities. Any member engaging in any sort of rude or unacceptable behavior contrary to the norms of sportsmanship which includes using foul language, failure to follow rules, or physical violence will result in his/her immediate suspension from the tournament. QSports also reserves the right to seek assistance of law enforcement agencies to control any situation.
Note: There are no time outs granted to any team at any time.
Follow us on our social media channels: