Hello everyone! During this cleanup we are going to the stunning singing sand dunes of Qatar. This is a kid and family friendly event.
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY SERVICES (toilets) at the cleanup location. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Sedans can reach the base of the dunes.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-4x4 is not needed.
-12:30pm Meeting time at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6Ln IF YOU ARE CARPOOLING MEET US HERE.
-1:00pm Departure to the cleanup location. GO TO THIS LOCATION OF YOU’RE NOT CARPOOLING AND YOU KNOW THE AREA.
-2:00pm arrival to the cleanup location.
-2:15-4:00pm cleanup activities.
-4:00-5:00pm social time, share some food, enjoy a clean dune.
-5:00pm end of the event and departure to Doha whenever people are ready.
Be cool, be on time and be ready to have some fun.
IF YOU ARE A CARPOOL DRIVER:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) if you have a car and how many seats available.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals for ⛽️.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
-Lots of water as it is very, very hot.
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Let’s lead by example!
- BRING Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY (long pants or bermudas ok). Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on.
- Work or garden gloves
- Your beautiful smiles:)
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their own wellbeing and safety. DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and its consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.