Hello everyone! DEAP in coordination with the Division of Cultural Heritage at Qatar Museums invites you to participate in our cleanup at the beautiful Archeological Site and beach in Freiha. This is a kid and family-friendly event.
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY facilities/services (toilets) at the cleanup location. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-Sedan friendly location. 4X4 is not needed.
-12:30 pm IF YOU'RE CARPOOLING WITH DEAP TEAM meet us at the Dairy Queen parking lot by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6L...
-1:00 pm Departure to the cleanup location for those carpooling from Dairy Queen.
-2:45 pm Arrival to the cleanup site EVERYONE WILL PARK HERE https://goo.gl/maps/S7DrjosXvK... and we will walk 200-300 meters to the cleanup location.
-3:00-4:00 pm cleanup activities.
-4:00-5:00 pm social time, share some food, people leave whenever they are ready.
-5 pm return to Doha.
Please BE ON TIME, and be ready to have some fun. Let us know if you are driving on your own, if you are carpooling with team DEAP and can take any volunteers with you, or if you need a ride.
IF YOU ARE A CARPOOL DRIVER:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please post on the comments section(transportation plan) if you have a car and how many seats available.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Write a comment on the discussion section, under transportation plan, and let us know you need a ride.
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals to contribute for petrol. Minimum 10 riyals is mandatory.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Food without lots of plastic packaging is preferred (finger food) Let’s lead by example!
- Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY. Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on. Long shorts/bermudas and pants are recommended.
- Gardening gloves and bags will be provided.
- Your beautiful smiles:)
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their wellbeing and safety. DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and their consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!