Hello everyone! As part of Qatar sustainability week activities, DEAP in cooperation with the Division of Cultural Heritage at Qatar Museums, invite you to our beach cleanup at the UNESCO World Heritage Archeological site of Al Zubarah. This is a kid and family-friendly event.
Please note THERE ARE NOT ANY SERVICES (toilets) at the cleanup location. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY:
-4x4 is not needed.
- Carpooling to the site is MANDATORY as we need to minimize the number of vehicles entering the site.
-We have LIMITED SPACES for people carpooling. Please let us know if you need a seat.
-People driving on their own MUST REGISTER via our social media pages or by email at [email protected]. All vehicles must have at least 4 passengers to be granted entrance to the site. Only a limited number of vehicles will be allowed to the site.
-Vehicles not registered WILL NOT be allowed to enter the site.
-1 pm Meeting time at the Dairy Queen by the Radisson Blue Hotel in Salwa Road. https://goo.gl/maps/7SctiL9p6Ln IF YOU ARE CARPOOLING MEET US HERE.
-1:30 pm Departure to the cleanup location
-3:00 pm WE WILL REGROUP HERE BEFORE ENTERING THE SITE
-3:15 pm arrival to the cleanup location.
-3:15–3:30 pm set up and safety briefing.
-3:30-4:30pm cleanup activities.
-4:30-5:30 social time, share some food, enjoy a clean beach.
-5:30 pm end of the event and departure to Doha whenever people are ready.
IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR OWN CAR:
1. We can't thank you enough for this.
2. Please message DEAP on their Instagram or FB page, or email to [email protected] how many seats you have available. AT LEAST 4 PASSENGER PER VEHICLE ARE REQUIRED. Not enough passengers with you? No worries we can assign some volunteers to go with you.
IF YOU NEED A CARPOOL RIDE:
1. Please let us know if you need a ride via our social media pages or email to [email protected].
2. Be on time and don’t forget 10-20 riyals to contribute for petrol with your driver.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
-Lots of water as it is very, very hot.
- Water/ Food to share. Reusable water bottles, mugs, food containers, and cutlery are encouraged. Let’s lead by example!
- Your ID / RP
- Hat, towel, change of clothes, sunscreen. PLEASE DRESS PROPERLY (long pants or Bermudas are ok). Don’t forget to be culturally sensitive. Girls, shoulders covered. Guys, keep your shirts on.
- Work or garden gloves
- Your beautiful smiles:)
Please follow DEAP’s social media pages for event updates:
***Every person attending the event is responsible for their wellbeing and safety. DEAP or any of its volunteers is not responsible for anybody's actions and its consequences. All responsibility relies on each individual participating on the cleanup.
There are multiple advertising possibilities with the ILQ network, drop us an e-mail at [email protected] for inquiries!
If you have anything you want to share with us, send us an e-mail at [email protected]!
Want to send a tip? Drop us an e-mail at [email protected], anonymity is guaranteed!
You have successfully registered your account!Please confirm your e-mail address by clicking on the URL sent to you.The e-mail usually arrives in 5-10 minutes.
Salam! Welcome to our brand new site! Looking good huh?
We’ve got loads of cool new features and to help make sure your account is secure, you’ll need to reset your password the first time you log in.
New to ILQ? What are you waiting for? Sign up!
How ajeeb was that!? Thanks for contributing to our community! Your post will appear after we take a quick look!